RC Gadgetz Composite Slick 560 PNP Build and Fly - RC Groups
Nov 05, 2017, 12:43 PM
Discussion

RC Gadgetz Composite Slick 560 PNP Build and Fly

Hey Everyone ,

Just wanted to start an official thread where we can all share our experience with the new RC Gadgetz Composite Slick 560. If you have any pics or vids you wanna share with us this is the place.

If anyone is interested in buying one of these beasts check out Tail Dragger RC

http://www.taildraggerrc.com/aerobat...-3d-airplanes/

Joe.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2017, 03:35 PM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted

Maiden Flight

Guess I get 1st dibs.

Got mine on Friday. About the hardest thing to do was plug in the light connector in the stab. I put it together very slowly (have a heavy cold) and it took about an hour and a half to finish.

All fits together well and does what it says. Quality was great and didn't have to fix anything as the packing stood up to a trip from Dubai to the UK with no damage. That's impressive and a great start.

My longest task was to assemble a pack of 3s 3300 lipos from a 4s pack with a bad cell so I could go fly with the recommended 3s setup.

First flight on Saturday afternoon and it was pretty windy ( as you can see from my cross wind landing approach) but handled it well. Couple of clicks of trim and do pretty much whatever you like. AUW with 3300 3s is 4 lb 4 oz. Had 4 more flights today, 2 this afternoon and 2 this evening in the pitch dark. The lights work great. No problem with orientation but it looks as if it tumbles twice as fast, weird!

Trying to be a bit sensible to find out what it does. Knife edge easy peasy. so easy that I could hover knife edge into the wind on the first flight. Cool! Harriers well, upright and inverted (well at least as well as I can harrier inverted which is not that well) and hovers great. Tumbles are really fast but I haven't got the timing right for a pop top yet but I'm sure watching it that it will knife edge spin really fast, just don't know where to put the controls yet. It's not a manoeuvre I can do.

Few photos of mine with the video of the maiden flight.

Maiden Flight RC Gadgetz 54" Slick 360 (6 min 12 sec)
Nov 05, 2017, 05:07 PM
Fly Low
Some video I got of this airplane

RC Gadgetz Slick 560" Flight (4 min 17 sec)

RC Gadgetz Slick 54" Slick 560 Flight (4 min 9 sec)
Latest blog entry: 3D Tutorial Streams: Poptops
Nov 05, 2017, 05:29 PM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted
Nightime video. Sorry the quality is so poor but my head phone cam doesn't work very well at night.

VIDEO0020 (6 min 55 sec)
Nov 05, 2017, 05:44 PM
Fly Low
Nice flying Chris!

Night time filming is really hard that is for sure
Nov 05, 2017, 05:55 PM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted
That's kind of you to say so James. I think I need to start watching your tutorials to tighten up my manouvers. I might get the hand of this 3d lark sometime. It's a shame the camera is so poor as the plane shows up really well. Just the thing for the winter after work.

I have a feeling this plane is going to be flown a lot. . Just begs to be tumbled around.
Nov 06, 2017, 12:01 AM
Sub
Nov 06, 2017, 03:49 PM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted

Crash Testing

1st crash report coming in.

"In the UK there is a report of a plane being snatched from the sky by a tree. Hidden in the dark it's reported the tree just leap't up a grabbed the plane, then refused to let it go.

The owner threatened it with a chainsaw and it would only release the plane after much beating with a long pole. The plane then had the short sharp fall to earth due to that annoying gravity concept"

Bl**dy Tree. thought the plane was nearer than it was then realised it was behind the tree when I could see the lights behind the branches. Too late and a perfect tree catch resulted. It's the getting them out that's the bad bit and they always fall with such a crunch.

However pleased to report that this plane is STRONG. A bit of scuffing on the foam, a broken SFG and slight damage to the elevator, probably caused by me trying to get it out. The cowl is the only real damage and that's pretty much toast. Guess I'll be making a fibreglass one of those. So I will have a unique Slick. Cool, must get some stickers made. "Unique Slick"
Nov 07, 2017, 10:53 PM
Fly Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SW
1st crash report coming in.

"In the UK there is a report of a plane being snatched from the sky by a tree. Hidden in the dark it's reported the tree just leap't up a grabbed the plane, then refused to let it go.

The owner threatened it with a chainsaw and it would only release the plane after much beating with a long pole. The plane then had the short sharp fall to earth due to that annoying gravity concept"

Bl**dy Tree. thought the plane was nearer than it was then realised it was behind the tree when I could see the lights behind the branches. Too late and a perfect tree catch resulted. It's the getting them out that's the bad bit and they always fall with such a crunch.

However pleased to report that this plane is STRONG. A bit of scuffing on the foam, a broken SFG and slight damage to the elevator, probably caused by me trying to get it out. The cowl is the only real damage and that's pretty much toast. Guess I'll be making a fibreglass one of those. So I will have a unique Slick. Cool, must get some stickers made. "Unique Slick"
Dang hate to see that! At least you got the airplane down in one piece though
Nov 07, 2017, 10:53 PM
Fly Low
RC Gadgetz 54" Slick 560 Unboxing/Build Video (8 min 18 sec)

While unboxing the airplane and building it I took some video for anyone who may be interested in picking one of these up
Nov 08, 2017, 11:52 AM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
Dang hate to see that! At least you got the airplane down in one piece though
Thanks James,

It's a lot funnier today. Got any damage fixed up last night. Found a small crack on a former, fixed that with a bit of ply and Cyano and fixed the stab. Did a fix job on the cowl with thin ZAP and paper. It will certainly work for now.

Try it all out tonight, minding the trees