how to calculate the current and the voltage at the 4 brushless motor - RC Groups
Nov 05, 2017, 10:33 AM
Discussion

how to calculate the current and the voltage at the 4 brushless motor

https://i.stack.imgur.com/QVnj8.png

Motors specification:

380KV

throttle: 50%

Amps 1.6A

Power: 23.68W

thrust: 430G

RPM:2600

Efficiency:18.16 G/W
Temp: 45C

Battery Voltage: 14.8V

Voltage stepped down from 18.62V to 14.8V

Propellers: 15x5CF
Net thrust= 1308 g ( weight of the project)

I would like to know how to calculate the current and the voltage that are marked in the circuit. please let me know if you need more information
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2017, 05:39 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Avengers Captain America Iron Man Runs on some form electricity (0 min 31 sec)
Nov 06, 2017, 08:13 PM
Jack
I really don't understand your image, are we talking about four brushless outrunners or inrunners controlled by ESCs? If not then my suggestions probably will not work.

Do you have a watt meter? If so, connect it between the battery and ESCs and the run the motor you want to get the info on and note the input voltage and the power in Watts at the same time and at a specific RPM. Watts / Volts = Amps and that is the current that motor draws.

Then you can do that for each motor to see if they are all same.

And you can even do all four and see if the sum is about right for all four. But the voltage will drop more with all motors running so you may have to tolerate a little difference in the sum.

To measure each motor with all four running is harder, you would need four watt meters connected one to the ESC of the input voltage leads.

The voltage and current levels on the three leads to the motors are not really helpful or meaningful because the voltage is rising and falling and changing polarity constantly.

Jack
Nov 07, 2017, 04:46 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Motor current is totally dependent on the load on the motor, more load = more current drawn.

I assume your intention is to run four motors off a 64 cell solar panel array.
Nov 07, 2017, 08:27 AM
Jack
As an example, the images show the connections and components for a single motor and single ESC, you image does not show what you have in a similar way or with the same components.

And you should go to the advanced posting method and upload your image to the sever here so we can see it better and along with the question, not on another web page from a third party server....

Jack