Mirage cg needed!! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 04, 2017, 08:54 PM
Discussion

Mirage cg needed!!

Hi guys, i have had this plane since the 80ís. Was a great flying plane,till someone turned on on me. Need less to say it has been stored since. I recently pulled the old girl out, repaired it, new radio,blah,blah,blah. But for the life of me, i dont remeber where starting CG is? Can someone help me out? Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2017, 09:41 PM
I was trying to find the info some one gave me when I had the same question. If I remember correctly it is in the middle of the spare.
Nov 04, 2017, 11:16 PM
The February 1979 RCM plan and article is here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...p;goto=newpost
Nov 05, 2017, 01:52 AM
Plans : http://pulling-gz.blogspot.gr/2012/0...series_17.html
Nov 05, 2017, 03:55 AM
Mirage CG

1/4 - 3/8 inch or so behind the center of the spar is a good starting point.

Fly and adjust to your liking

Nice plane

whacker
in Dark NS
Nov 05, 2017, 09:16 AM
Thank guys!! I knew someone would know! Now if it was just a bit warmer.......
Nov 05, 2017, 12:57 PM
Assembly Instructions from Isthmus Models says to "set the CG at 3 1/8 inches from the LE of the wing, or equivalently 1/8 inch behind the back of the bottom spar cap. This is a good starting point and it can be adjusted for or aft to suit your flying style".

I would suggest slowly moving the CG back from this location.

Craig
Nov 05, 2017, 03:11 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigrrr
Assembly Instructions from Isthmus Models says to "set the CG at 3 1/8 inches from the LE of the wing, or equivalently 1/8 inch behind the back of the bottom spar cap. This is a good starting point and it can be adjusted for or aft to suit your flying style".

I would suggest slowly moving the CG back from this location.

Craig
Absolutly... will get best performance and will turn on a dime...
Regards.
Manolo.

MIRAGE STORMY WHEATER (5 min 17 sec)
Nov 05, 2017, 05:42 PM
Do not fly my Mirage much but looks like I need to recheck cg.
Nov 05, 2017, 05:46 PM
Manolo:

Your Mirage is very beautiful and shear perfection in craftsmanship. Hope you are getting lots of hours on her.

My Mirage has more flying hours than all of my other sailplanes combined. A great thermal machine that can turn on a dime.

I hope Mark gets his Isthmus Models back in buisiness; no RES pilot should die without building and flying a Mirage.

Craig
Nov 06, 2017, 10:02 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Tx so much for those gentle words budd... too generous.. about Mark, Mirage and I.M., absolutly....
Regards all.
Manolo.