Replacement for the Stryker? - RC Groups
Nov 03, 2017, 08:39 PM
Discussion

Replacement for the Stryker?

I have two original Strykers (yes, before even the B model), at least one of which is always flyable. I also have a coworker who I dragged into the hobby. After a few weeks of using my borrowed sim, today he flew my Stryker and managed to avoid any unintended contact with terra firma for two full flights (running lipos and an upgraded BL motor, does about 45 mph level flight). He wants to get his own plane, and something that could grow with him as he gets better. These Strykers were my first planes, so Im unwilling to part with them, but Id like to point him to something equally versatile and preferably RTF. Any suggestions?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2017, 08:52 PM
Do you want basically another Stryker? Or just a flying wing? Blade have just released the micro FPV Stryker. There are also some small (600mm WS) ARF EPP wings available (Bonsai).
Last edited by benz11; Nov 03, 2017 at 09:50 PM.
Nov 03, 2017, 08:54 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
UM F-27 FPV is a re-born Stryker. Same body, better foam. But comes with FPV system (removable) and Safe Select (switchable). Kinda pricey if you don't care about those bells & whistles. Not aware of an RTF package, and you do need a compatible radio to work that safe receiver.

HobbyKing has a SkyFun with a similar shape (a little bigger), cheap and easy to upgrade with generic parts.

Also there's the MPX FunJet and several clones that look a little different but perform much the same as the Stryker. HobbyKing has a cheapie copy on sale right now.
Last edited by hard line; Nov 03, 2017 at 09:05 PM.
Nov 03, 2017, 11:26 PM
Basically I want a RTF wing for him similar to what the Stryker was for me, with similar capabilities and at a good price point for him