Isnt FAA reg. no longer necessary? (photo-wal-mart) - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 03, 2017, 07:29 PM
Under new management.
Discussion

Isnt FAA reg. no longer necessary? (photo-wal-mart)

Look what I found today
Top right corner.
Last edited by Flying Pitcher; Nov 27, 2017 at 09:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2017, 08:29 PM
Pretty sure those are just the price tag you take to the register at checkout. You then pick up your merchandise at ‘the cage’ .

RStrowe
Nov 04, 2017, 06:35 AM
It's probably just an old sign that they left up since then. The FAA website is still up, but the registration was overturned in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStrowe
Pretty sure those are just the price tag you take to the register at checkout. You then pick up your merchandise at ‘the cage’ .
Thanks for pointing that out.
Nov 04, 2017, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo Kilo
It's probably just an old sign that they left up since then. The FAA website is still up, but the registration was overturned in May.
X2 - they just didn't update the signage. (That costs money to do, and they'd have to know to do it in the first place.)

Registration is still required for non-hobbyists, thus the website still being up.
Nov 04, 2017, 10:51 AM
STICKS FORWARD!
Our Walmart must be "sub-par"..the quality of Multirotors are pretty 'crappy." Just really "toys," if the Registration was still required, I doubt they would even make the weight requirements.
Nov 04, 2017, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher
Look what I found today
Top right corner.
Took 'em a year to get it up there.
Probably take another year for them to take it down.
Then a year later........................................
Nov 04, 2017, 10:05 PM
Under new management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK001
Took 'em a year to get it up there.
Probably take another year for them to take it down.
Then a year later........................................
Lol, good point
Nov 05, 2017, 12:00 PM
All in all if you look up at the top of sign just under drones it lists 4 categories is suggests these could be used for.

Which are Recreation, Business, Photography, Video

Which for the last three they all could be situations where you would or could be using them to make money.

So I can't say I am up on all the commercial regulations, but am I correct to think that if any of those parts are being used by anyone to make money, doesn't that mean you would have to be registered under the commercial licenses and abide by all its regulations?
Last edited by WBFAir; Nov 05, 2017 at 12:22 PM.
Nov 06, 2017, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Top right corner.
Actually there should be additional info if the sUAS is for commercial use then Part-107 Remote Pilot certificate is required

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id...2.107&rgn=div5