Looking for a broken spektrum transmitter - RC Groups
Nov 03, 2017, 05:35 PM
Help!

Looking for a broken spektrum transmitter

Looking for the self centering stick assembly from a spektrum trans If you have one from a broken or non working trans let me know.
Bob
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2017, 05:56 PM
I think these came from a Spektrum 6, Ihave one of each.

Yours for the postage. PM me if interested
Nov 03, 2017, 06:07 PM

Stick assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tugboat
I think these came from a Spektrum 6, Ihave one of each.

Yours for the postage. PM me if interested
Sent you a pm
Only need the one that is spring loaded both directions
Bob
Nov 04, 2017, 12:24 PM
Bob, if it's going back into a Spektrum radio, it matters which one. There are at least 3 different mounting configurations, and several different wiring configurations.

If it's going into one of the modern radios (DX7S, DX8, DX9, DX18) then you can take either centering or not, since it's just a matter of turning a screw to change from one to the other.

Andy
Nov 04, 2017, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Bob, if it's going back into a Spektrum radio, it matters which one. There are at least 3 different mounting configurations, and several different wiring configurations.

If it's going into one of the modern radios (DX7S, DX8, DX9, DX18) then you can take either centering or not, since it's just a matter of turning a screw to change from one to the other.

Andy
Andy
Its parts are going into a dx5e to center the throttle stick and spring load it. I have two I want to change. I tried the airtronics
parts because they are similar but the cam lobe is in a different position on the 5e so the stick does not center correctly and sticks in full throttle.
Bob
Nov 04, 2017, 05:21 PM
Just Plane Nutts
-Delete-
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Nov 04, 2017 at 05:32 PM.
Nov 05, 2017, 09:05 AM
I don't think you'll find anything other than DX5e parts that will fit properly. The good news is that there are boatloads of DX5e's that people are using the modules from, and they're stuck with the mechanics. You might look around ebay.

Andy
Nov 08, 2017, 10:41 AM
Andy
I did order one of the dx5e's that someone removed the board from. Wondering what they are doing with the boards.
Bob
Nov 08, 2017, 04:02 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Auuugh. I see people selling used DX5es on eBay for $65 plus $10 shipping or similar. They were only $60 new to begin with. At least a few people are selling new ones at less that the original cost. Definitely pays to shop around.
Nov 08, 2017, 04:28 PM
They use the RF modules so they can have DSMX in their DIY radios.

Andy
Nov 08, 2017, 07:52 PM

Dx5e

Got mine for $15. And shipping. Pricy for springs and levers but it is better than $60.
Bob
Nov 13, 2017, 07:25 PM

Transmitter

Got the parts trans today. Now I have a centering spring loaded throttle on my dx5e. It was kind of a pain to attach the spring but persistence prevails. It took me about 15 minutes to get it installed and all buttoned up. I wouldnt want to do it for a living without better tools, getting the spring on the lever is not fun.
Bob
Nov 15, 2017, 12:28 AM
Turns out the throttle trim doesnt work. Im going to try the trim cb from the donor radio. We will see
Nov 15, 2017, 03:56 PM

throttle trim problems

Has anyone had the same problem with a spectrum radio that the trim button didn't work and what did you do to correct it. I have a parts radio that I have already removed the circuit boards for the trim switches but have not installed them in the transmitter that the throttle trim isn't working yet. The guy from horizon said the switch was bad but could the problem lie elsewhere? When I try to set the trim, It makes the tone that the rest do. ???
Bob
Nov 15, 2017, 03:57 PM

throttle trim problems

Has anyone had the same problem with a spectrum radio that the trim button didn't work and what did you do to correct it. I have a parts radio that I have already removed the circuit boards for the trim switches but have not installed them in the transmitter that the throttle trim isn't working yet. The guy from horizon said the switch was bad but could the problem lie elsewhere? When I try to set the trim, It makes the same tone that the rest do. ???
Bob