Tissue - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 03, 2017, 04:52 PM
patients my ass
Discussion

Tissue

Any body ever used the tissue from Michael's I'll be using it for design on a sheeted surface with dope so strength doesn't matter
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2017, 10:49 AM
B for Bruce
Most of the tissue sold for crafts and gift wrapping has pretty much no wet strength. When I've used such tissue I still like to lay it over the part and mist it in place VERY lightly just to make it go limp. The thinner used to soak through and bond it displaces the moisture neatly. But give it a try with and without. When dampened it requires a gentle effort with the brush and hands to move it around.

Some of it tends to not be very color fast too. So some of the colors fade rapidly in the sun.

the upside is that you can get WAY more colors this way than with traditional Esaki.
Nov 04, 2017, 12:51 PM
patients my ass
I"LL mist with both water and try alcohol
Nov 04, 2017, 03:47 PM
I generally cover with "domestic" tissue using the dry method. All that means is I dope the framework or sheet, then lay the tissue over the structure and then use a thinner soaked paint brush to apply spirits thru the tissue to stick it down. After that is dry to the touch and all edges are secure, I mist with alcohol. 70 % is fine. Full strength water will work but can cause the tissue to disintegrate and make weak spots or worse warps. When all is shrunk to satisfaction, I start doping etc.
Nov 04, 2017, 09:28 PM
I use a method of dry covering similar to Packard Pursuit's. I dope the edges of the framework, and when it dries, I put on a coat of water based contact cement thinned out with water. I lay on the dry tissue and make a reasonably tight covering. Esaki works better for this. Domestic tears when stretched over the wet contact cement. This is a little damper take on the "Glue Stick" method.

When all is dry, I also use 70% rubbing alcohol to shrink the tissue. I'm a chemist, so I remember that the flip side of 70% alcohol is 30% water. That water does the shrinking when it gets in the paper fibers. This method is not as harsh as 100% water, so less warping, etc..
Nov 05, 2017, 12:29 AM
Bought my wife some undergarments this morning. the store lady moved the three item while opening a shallow drawer behind the counter. In the drawer was stack of black tissue sheet approx. 36 wide and 24" tall. Will measure for sure when she tosses the wraping. It was all I could do to NOT ask the sales lady where one can get that sized paper and does it come in other colors? Been married to this one for 44 yrs, I think I've learned not to ruin the moment every time.
Nov 05, 2017, 03:11 AM
patients my ass
Iv used esaki for years think I well stick with that jusr trying to save a bit of $
thanks for the replys