TechOne Hobby FPV Flying Wing II

This carbon fiber and EPP FPV flying wing has plenty of power on 4s and is designed to come apart easily in the event of a crash.

TechOne Hobby FPV Flying Wing II

A Unique Flying Wing

The TechOne FPV Flying Wing II is an EPP and carbon fiber wing with a 37.8" wingspan. It's a somewhat unique design that features a carbon fiber built-up center section and a pair of EPP foam wings with winglets. The wings are held on with magnets and a pair of rubber bands, allowing them to break off in the event of a crash, and possibly saving the wings and fuselage from additional damage. The carbon fiber center section has a removable lid to easily setup your electronics and FPV components, and comes with rubber grommets for wiring to pass through without worrying about a short circuit through the carbon fiber.

The TechOne Hobby FPV Flying Wing II comes as an F80 2500KV motor, 45 amp esc, and a pair of 11 gram servos. It requires a 4s 1500-2200mAh LiPo, radio gear, and FPV gear. The TechOne Hobby FPV Flying Wing II retails for $139.99.

CLICK HERE to pre-order the TechOne Hobby FPV Flying Wing II from Tower Hobbies.

CLICK HERE for more info from the manufacturer.

Nov 03, 2017, 03:16 PM
Seems people are now starting to jump on that band wagon... wings with cf centre.
Nov 03, 2017, 05:49 PM
Be careful ... reviews of the "mk 1" FPV 900 pointed out that the fuselage was actually made from glass fibre sheet with a cosmetic carbon pattern film top & bottom (as used for some cheap quad frames):

TechOne FPV Racing Wing 900 (31 min 26 sec)

Fixed Wing Friday: Techone FPV900 from Banggood.com (8 min 14 sec)

Real carbon is lighter, stiffer and more expensive.

AFAIK the original MiniRaceWing (the first such wing) and Eachine Fury (one of the first copies) both use genuine carbon plate.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Nov 23, 2017, 11:32 PM
Professional UAV Services
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Real carbon is lighter, stiffer and more expensive.e.
But far less resilient to impact as it fractures/shatters, glass-fiber is a much better product in this particular application.
Nov 24, 2017, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemptioner
But far less resilient to impact as it fractures/shatters, glass-fiber is a much better product in this particular application.
I'm not convinced ... how many racing quad frames use GRP board rather than carbon? Only the absolute cheapest clone ones, in my experience. As mentioned, several of the other similar FPV wings do use real carbon for the fus.

But really it's OK if they want to use glass here ... just so long as they don't advertise it as being carbon
Nov 24, 2017, 06:19 PM
Quote:
I'm not convinced ... how many racing quad frames use GRP board rather than carbon? Only the absolute cheapest clone ones, in my experience. As mentioned, several of the other similar FPV wings do use real carbon for the fus.

But really it's OK if they want to use glass here ... just so long as they don't advertise it as being carbon
CF is used in racing quad frames because it is lighter and stiffer, and mainly because people have no idea what the different materials are like, they just "believe" CF is better which is not always the the case. A CF frame quad will break easier in a crash than GF, this is why the top frame designers are starting to incorporate a CF/GF sandwich in order to gain the stiffness of the CF but gain the impact protection from the GF.

99% of frame designers have no background in structural or aeronautical engineering, they just choose CF because that is what everyone else has used....
Nov 24, 2017, 07:19 PM
Carbon (and/or Kevlar) has replaced glass fibre in most professionally designed high-performance applications I know of though, from sporting equipment to military and civilian aviation to race cars?

But like I said, the real issue is advertising GF as being carbon ... if that is indeed the case here. The 'carbon effect' surface film on this material serves no purpose other than to disguise what's underneath.
Nov 24, 2017, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Carbon (and/or Kevlar) has replaced glass fibre in most professionally designed high-performance applications I know of though, from sporting equipment to military and civilian aviation to race cars?
Again this is for stiffness and reduction in weight, there is a reason why you can't just replace car parts on the road with carbon fibre, its because it does not handle impact well (as it splinters), sure it is stronger than steel but unlike steel which will deform and absorb impact, the CF absorbed nothing and will only deform a small amount before it starts to splinter. This is why it is not he best product when it comes to impacts like crashes, either it has to be strong enough not to allow it to deform (like your 4-5mm cf quads) or suffer the consequences. I would much rather the centre section of something like this, which is built to crash, to be made out of GF long before CF, now if we got rid of the pop-off wings and were looking for a race wing (super stiff) then I would def go for CF but I would also be accepting that a crash will total the wing.

Quote:
But like I said, the real issue is advertising GF as being carbon ... if that is indeed the case here. The 'carbon effect' surface film on this material serves no purpose other than to disguise what's underneath.
Can't agree more with you there, make it a fancy colour and give it a CF look, just don't call it CF....
Dec 22, 2017, 04:04 AM
Suspended Account
i like the RC airplane, where can i buy it?? how much??
Dec 22, 2017, 07:43 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by advabc
The link is in the article.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jan 02, 2018, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by advabc
We also sell it here on Flying Tech.

Quick Reply