How Do You Store Your Planes? - Page 2 - RC Groups
Nov 03, 2017, 08:01 PM
Post-Apocalyptic Tactical Cons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief58D
Where do you get the flat paracord you use to hang your planes?
That looks like the answer to hanging my fleet in the garage...

Thanks!

RR
eBay mostly...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2017, 08:09 PM

Hangars

Buy these;
https://www.wayfair.com/storage-orga...-clpi1007.html

Cut the hook off and hammer the round bend till straight. Slide the short foam down over where the bend was.
Bend to the proper shape for each aircraft cutting away excess wire and foam. Bend a hook in the top of both wires
Lash two together with twine and soak the twine with thin CA. Cover with heat shrink or foam pipe insulation.
Hang with a hook-eye into ceiling joist. You will need to adjust for COG. The Sebart Avanti has a small sack of shot in the nose.
None of the others required any weight.
Nov 03, 2017, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief58D
Where do you get the flat paracord you use to hang your planes?
That looks like the answer to hanging my fleet in the garage...

Thanks!

RR
I'm liking this idea too. Here's what I found:

https://www.amazon.com/MFP-Soft-Flat...ord&th=1&psc=1
Nov 03, 2017, 08:43 PM
Post-Apocalyptic Tactical Cons
Here's a recent pic of the hangar....
Nov 03, 2017, 09:12 PM
Electrical wire with pipe insulation for foamies and have racks with casters on bottom for giant scale. That way you roll them out of the way.
Nov 03, 2017, 09:18 PM
I re-purpose old t-shirts for hanging my planes from hooks on the ceiling and walls. Cut 2" strips from the trunk part of the shirt and done. Loop them as needed to adjust the hanging height or use two for larger planes.
Nov 03, 2017, 11:29 PM
Jason, whats the gray and red wing on your wall? Thanks
Nov 03, 2017, 11:39 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cflchurch
Jason, whats the gray and red wing on your wall? Thanks
That’s the VAS Wyvern https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ng-Wing-Review
Nov 04, 2017, 12:02 AM
Thanks Jason.
Nov 04, 2017, 12:52 AM
Just started mine last week. Still need to move some in. Cleared out a whole room so far
Nov 04, 2017, 01:31 AM
Hornsby Heights, Sydney Aust
Garage is the storage area. Floor to underside of beams is 2.4 meters with beams 240 deep. There is a suspended shelf where aircraft (generally without wings) are stored. This "shelf" is about 6.5 metres long and 750 mm wide. Fuselages can be sat across this "shelf" with wheels below. Then there are two racks of sorts where assembled aircraft are stored supported on their wings. Wings are stored on the garage door which is insulated and the wings are attached to separate panels and so not subjected to damages which raising / lowering. One car fits in no problems but the long build table precludes the second car being garaged.
Nov 04, 2017, 03:31 AM
EasyJust always blame the wind

Plane Racks

I really like the PVC pipe rack that is a floor mount. However, most of my planes are a little large and I don't have the necessary open floor space for a floor type rack. My living room has a lot of space but, there is no way my wife would let me put my planes in the living room!

I was going to make a wall mounted rack with PVC and put the planes on a bedroom wall. With my larger planes it was just to difficult to come up with a PVC pipe design that would support my larger planes out from the wall that would not sag over time.

I found these really large 21" metal shelf brackets at Lowes. These large brackets make the ideal support for large and small planes. I put a 18" piece of pipe insulation on each bracket.
This was easy to put together, and I can easily adjust the spacing for different size planes in the future. I put the rack up high enough so I can almost walk under the planes. This shelving system is a Rubbermaid product at Lowes.

There are a lot of different lengths of mounting rails so it would be easy to make a wall rack for any amount or size of planes you have. I like the large 21” shelf brackets for all my planes.

Rob ServiceRep
Nov 04, 2017, 04:46 AM
I got this idea to make these plane holders online. I have been using them for years now. I can hold almost all my planes in the garage. Can even park my spouses car in the garage if need be.
Nov 04, 2017, 06:41 AM
Lots of great ideas here! Thanks everyone. I will be building some kind of rack system this winter. Dont tell my wife I am going to build another airplane.
Nov 04, 2017, 10:18 AM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full
If you want something modular and moveable. Good for transport as well.