Nov 04, 2017, 11:46 PM
Sky Surfers
I'd better start workin' on that hall pass .
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2017, 01:14 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
I hope I can go this year.

-Dave
Nov 05, 2017, 09:19 AM
Hit me with your rhythm stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchydawg1
are dawgs welcome at the event ?
I've seen plenty of videos from Ellwood Bluffs, and it appears to be a "dawg-friendly"

Every year when this thread starts up, I wish I could attend this party....it looks like a blast. Long drive though
Nov 05, 2017, 03:41 PM
That friggin Laird Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchydawg1
are dawgs welcome at the event ?
Great place for dawgs, easy path down to the beach for the 4 legged type
Nov 05, 2017, 04:33 PM
Bernoulli was only guessing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZinVT
I've seen plenty of videos from Ellwood Bluffs, and it appears to be a "dawg-friendly"

Every year when this thread starts up, I wish I could attend this party....it looks like a blast. Long drive though
Don't be a wimp, if I can do it -- you can do it, though it will take you an extra 40 hours drive time (each way)
Nov 07, 2017, 02:37 PM
Jim in San Diego

I'm in!

I'm in & hotel booked for last weekend in April. Steve, I'd like to reserve time on the fpv :-)

Jim
Nov 07, 2017, 05:45 PM
That friggin Laird Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismo
I'm in & hotel booked for last weekend in April. Steve, I'd like to reserve time on the fpv :-)

Jim
Us too. We booked into the West Beach Inn, near the pier. It's a ways from Ellwood but walking distance to the Funk Zone
Nov 07, 2017, 06:59 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Thread OP
I'm updating the first post of this thread! Thanks guys. Super stoked!
Nov 14, 2017, 04:01 PM
Aircraft Life
I hope my stateside time aligns again, I had a blast at the last one! Would give me an excuse to buy the Ahi.
Nov 20, 2017, 10:04 PM
Ordering a new Weasel today.
Nov 24, 2017, 07:54 PM

Ellwood Bluffs

I have never been to this type of gathering , sounds like fun. I have always enjoyed slope flying more so than thermal soaring . Last year I built the Le- Fish glider and I have never had so much fun flying. This was my first glider with ailerons so there were a lot of crashes. I am building another one with less weight , I hope around 22 oz. Thank you Steve for the wonderful design of the Le - Fish glider. I would like to go to the Ellwood Bluffs gathering , but not sure if health issues will get in the way. Thanks for your post .

Thank you
Paul
Nov 24, 2017, 08:42 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Thread OP
Hope you can make it, Paul! Really stoked you like the Le Fish. I think 22oz would be a great weight for one.

It's about a 10 minute walk out to the bluff at Ellwood from where we park. It's not very strenuous - it's mostly flat - but it's just something to be aware of. Totally worth the very short walk though!

Steve
Nov 28, 2017, 01:38 PM
ZR, OOS in a trash lifter
I'll be there with my Alula, and Hobie Hawk. Finally got a DX6i to fly the Alula. I test flew it at Ellwood with DX5e in 2016 but found I needed individual rate adjustments and expo to make it fly right. Got the plane from Mike after Weaselfest 15, but found I needed a better transmitter to set up the elevons, Saw the new Ahi at California Hobbies on Hollister a couple months ago while visiting my MIL in SB, very nice plane Mike!!!! Look forward to seeing you guys again at Ellwood. Tx is an unreleased model of the Orbit, converted to 2.4 GHz that I'm going to use for the Hobie.
Jay in Mission Viejo.
Nov 29, 2017, 01:55 PM
Very Cool, Joy Nice work!
Joe
Dec 08, 2017, 10:26 PM
Subscribing. I'm going! My first Fest was last year, and I met some of the nicest people... got alot of help with my Weasel, and it was an all out great day!!

I'm hoping to have my Alula flying as well.. and this is the best reason to get it out and build it.

My club out of Fresno actually had about 6 members that came down too. I'll put the word out there as well.

I hope to at least remember a few familiar faces, it will be fun in any case though!

Quick Reply