Nov 03, 2017, 02:32 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Emax Babyhawk-R: New, Racing-Oriented 4S Emax Babyhawk [3 Inch Version Listed on BG]

Emax Babyhawk-R: www.banggood.com/Emax-Babyhawk-R-RACER-Edition-112mm-F3-Magnum-Mini-5_8G-FPV-Racing-RC-Drone-3S4S-PNPBNF-p-1237259.html

[NEW] Emax Babyhawk-R 3 Inch: https://www.banggood.com/Emax-Babyhawk-R-3-Inch-136mm-F3-Magnum-5_8G-FPV-Racing-Drone-w-40CH-25200mW-VTX-PNP-BNF-p-1262945.html

Emax is working on a micro more geared towards racing than their current Babyhawk. Full specifications can be found below.

Here is a test video: https://www.facebook.com/emaxusa/vid...type=2&theater

Original Version

Features:

-High Speed power system featuring RS1106 and the Avan Micro
-FC/ESC AIO - Mini Magnum Tower
-112mm Carbon Fiber Frame
-Only weighs 82.5 grams
-Customizable Shell Canopy with adjustable camera positions
-Pre-tuned Betaflight Firmware for optimized flight performance
-OSD integrated with Low-Voltage detection
-40 Channel 5.8g VTX switchable 25/200mw
-Compatible with EMAX Transmitter/Goggles/Accessories
-Utilizes Micro CCD Sensor Camera
-Accepts 3-4 cell LiPo batteries
Babyhawk Race Key Features

FRAME

-Light weight carbon fiber frame with impact resistant plastic canopy available in several colors
-Strong 3mm arms with lower profile arms to reduce drag.
-Integrated flight controller vibration dampening system for a smoother and more locked in feeling flights

POWER SYSTEM

-Powered by the new Magnum Mini tower system with F3 FC + 4 in 1 12A BLHELI S ESC 3-4s
-Betaflight Firmware 3.2.X with comes pre tuned at the factory for optimized flight performance
-Class leading Emax RS1106 6000kv brushless motors paired with the new Avan 2” quad blade propeller for maximum speed and control.

FPV SYSTEM

-650TVL Micro CCD camera with tuned profiles for different light condition. CCD is preferred by more pilots over CMOS for its better handling of high contrast lighting and resistance to “jello” in your flight video.
- Canopy has adjustable camera positions so pilot can tune for track speed and size.
- 40 Channel 5.8g VTX with LED info display and switchable transmission power from 25/200mw

3 Inch Version

Specification:
Brand Name: EMAX
Model: Babyhawk R 3 Inch
Item Name: 136mm Wheelbase F3 Magnum 5.8G FPV Racing Drone
Material of Frame: Carbon Fiber
Wheelbase: 136mm
Arm Thickness: 3mm
Net Weight: 85.4g ( PNP)

Flight Controller & ESC : Emax F3 Magnum FC & 12A 4 In 1 ESC mini Flytower
Motor: Emax RS1106 4500KV Brushless Motor
Propller: EMAX AVAN Mini 3024 3 Inch Propeller
VTX: 5.8G 40CH 25/200mW Switchable VTX
Camera: Micro CCD Camera
Version: PNP Version ( Without Receiver)
BNF Version ( With Emax Tiny Receiver, compatible with Frsky D8 Mode )
Lipo Battery: Support 3S / 4S Lipo Input
Last edited by D Gains; Feb 18, 2018 at 02:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2017, 12:13 AM
Just saw the post on Instagram. Pretty cool!
Dec 07, 2017, 06:15 PM
Pre-order is tonight..did you guys see the capacitor sticking out the side..
Last edited by passerbyeus; Dec 07, 2017 at 06:35 PM.
Dec 07, 2017, 06:17 PM
that's a capacitor, not a resistor.

looks pretty nice, though.
Dec 07, 2017, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
that's a capacitor, not a resistor.

looks pretty nice, though.
Yea but that capacitor just bugs me , it's just asking to be broken off...and for 40 more bucks you can get better specs without a sore sticking out of it..
Dec 07, 2017, 07:19 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
I dont get it.
no battery protection that I can see.
no antenna protection for RX or VTX.
poor cam protection.
and the cap will get ripped right off.
Dec 07, 2017, 09:08 PM
I doubt that the cap will be in that position on the production units. If it was it would be way too easy to knock it off.
Dec 08, 2017, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere
I doubt that the cap will be in that position on the production units. If it was it would be way too easy to knock it off.
Seems like the cap is still there on the official banggood product page:
Dec 08, 2017, 03:11 PM
magnum mini.

that's an interesting name.
Dec 08, 2017, 03:30 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevet
Seems like the cap is still there on the official banggood product page:
thats cause they haven't flow it yet! give them a few packs first, then it will be gone. lol.
Dec 08, 2017, 04:51 PM
2nd in command
I think production is much further out than seemingly predicted here.

I don't expect the camera protection to change, but the capacitor can be wired in anywhere they want, the closer the better but its a micro, proximity will have less of an impact.
Dec 09, 2017, 12:13 AM
Capacitor should right after xt60 then heat shrunk tubing no worries about find space inside canopy which only needs a 2mm lip on the camera IP pening to protect the camera. Whats the point if your lens juts out of the canopy, stupid design.
Dec 09, 2017, 04:39 AM
Registered Toaster
Price seems pretty decent. The cap location seems like an afterthought though why not incorporate it into the design. If you cut the cap leads very short and run some 20g wire you could relocate it without drastically increasing ESR:

https://oscarliang.com/capacitors-mini-quad/
Dec 09, 2017, 05:22 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Would that cap really be needed with high quality batteries? I see many comparable quads do perfectly fine without one. It really looks like they ran into problems, like brownouts, and fitted this as stop-gap solution, just to be able to release it before xmas.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 09, 2017, 09:13 AM
IMO all FC and all ESC's should include low ESR caps on them standard! There are huge current spikes with today's ESC's and the cap should be at the ESC's. I have had to add caps to my ESC's on several 5 inch builds.

Quick Reply