I wanna tank you rcgroups!!! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 02, 2017, 08:50 PM
Potato003
Discussion

I wanna tank you rcgroups!!!

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was a very exciting day!!! I found a good place to fly my ezfly and SE plane in a beach and suddenly a journalist showed up and liked a lot me flying and requested a cameraman from the local main TV broadcaster and he went right away to meet us and made an interview with me!!!! \o/ Total of almost 3:10 minutes of interview!

THIS WAS ONLY POSSIBLE BECAUSE RCGROUPS community!!!! @balsa or carbon and @extremesports helped me A TON and it made a difference between my failureSSSS and success!

So I dedicated this video below to all rcgroups members and I also mentioned at the beginning and end of the video the names @balsa or carbon and @extremesports for their kindness!

The soundtrack of the video is a song that I just created the words today talking about planes crashing, trying again, crashing, trying again e so on. I also played the guitar and my GF helped to sweet my terrible voice. Despite being portuguese I hope you like hearing it!

I compiled LOTS of crashes I had flying EZFLY and SE! I am pretty sure you will enjoy a little bit.

I left a message in english at the beginning of the video and another at the end so I can demonstrate my gratitude for all of you guys! Now I am famous because of you!! I am just kidding In the last hours 2 of my neighbours called me and some friends messaged me! I dedicate all of this to you guys!

Aeromodelo de isopor fácil e simples de fazer (7 min 28 sec)

THANKS RCGROUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2017, 09:13 PM
Multirotor Enthusiast
Bravo!!
Nov 02, 2017, 09:25 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Fantastic video , thanks for sharing !
Nov 02, 2017, 10:29 PM
Out the Window
WOW! One of the best videos about the spirit of flying foamies on RC Groups.
All the crashes makes the successful flight even more rewarding. The music was great!
Nov 02, 2017, 10:59 PM
Round is Fun
Awesome, congrats!

Mike
Nov 03, 2017, 02:50 AM
Great video! Under pressure by the camera and still flew great. Celebrity!
Nov 03, 2017, 05:58 AM
As a newbie myself, it is heartwarming to see such a compilation of crashes (just like all of mine!) ending with the well-deserved triumph of flying well in front of spectators (and on TV, no less!) Respect to you! A testament to persistence!
Nov 03, 2017, 07:48 AM
Congrats, liked your little buddy behind the laptop in the beginning.
Nov 03, 2017, 09:20 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
Congrats on learning to fly and getting on the news. I still have my ezfly and I also have the ezfly Icon and Bearcat. The ezfly is the plane I recommend to new pilots or those who just want an easy relaxing flyer. They are great planes to fly!
Nov 08, 2017, 09:52 AM
Potato003
Guys, I must thank to all of you! Your support and incredible knowledge made a total beginner into this amazing hobby of rc planes! I hope, from now one, I can post more videos of me flying instead of crashing

@Birddog1148 I just noticed my little dog now at the video behind my notebook! He likes to stay there so he can get some sun from the window but I hadnt noticed it there!

@sleb EzFly is the way to go to beginners indeed! BUT , as you see from my crashes, it was a really bit hard to total beginners to fly. I was almost giving up in this hobby when @balsa or carbon told me to build a plane he named SE (It means SuperEasy!) and I coudl finally fly! If flies very slow, much slower than EZFLY! So I could practice with it, a lot! Now that I learned a little bit how to fly with the SE I am playing a lot with the EZFLY, cause it has a decent speed and it is more chalenging to fly; SE was veery easy and now I want something a little bit more difficult to learn right!

Thanks to all of you!!! Many people are approaching me while I am flying and they are very happy to see such a simple concept fly! I am making new friends and inspiring other people to fly with me (exactly the same inspiration you guys gave me!).
Nov 08, 2017, 12:16 PM
jclassic1
You are true example of what this hobby is about.Your persistence is truly remarkable.
Your new found fame is well deserved.
Enjoy your new hobby as it will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Very well done.

John
Nov 08, 2017, 03:04 PM
Out the Window
batata003,

I left a post about how much I enjoyed your video. I keep thinking of the music that you wrote and performed about you flying experience. Can you translate it to English, as I would enjoy knowing the lyrics?

Ray
Nov 08, 2017, 04:17 PM
Too cool !!!!!!
Nov 09, 2017, 12:29 PM
That is great!
Mike
Nov 10, 2017, 02:13 PM
Potato003
@jclassic1 yeap, indeed this is a new hobby that I will take with me my entire life!

@High Flyin' thanks a lot for your words! Compiling the video with my failures took 2 or 3 hours but the song that me and my GF wrote took an entire afternoon! Finding the right words and rimes to express the experiences took us some time and indeed it was not fare that the people who most taught me couldnt understand it! It was a lack of attention of mine. So I wrote down every prhase in portuguese and with a humble translation at the right (The translation is not very good but I hope it makes some of you understand it).

The original soundtrack without my GF screaming (AAIII) everytime my plane went down is below so you can listen and understand the phrases. Opening the link below in your browser will make it play the song right away!
https://www.quemfazsite.com.br/temp/sountrack.mp3

Vai meu avião -> Go my plane
Voe bem alto -> Fly very high
E não caia aqui no chão -> And don't fall here on the ground

Não desaparece -> Don't disappear
Logo regresse -> As soon as possible come back
Porque eu não posso mais te ver -> Because I can't see you anymore

Chega de maldade -> Enough evil/Stop being evil
A realidade é que -> In reality
Eu já não aguento mais -> I can't stand it anymore

Tanta despesa -> So much expense
É só tristeza e a minha agonia -> It's just sadness and my agony
Meu Deus não cai no chão -> My God please don't fall on the ground
Não cai no mar -> Don't fall on the sea
Não cai -> Don't fall

Ahhhh, se ele pousar, se ele pousar -> Ahhhh, if it lands, if it lands
Que coisa linda -> Such a beautiful thing
Que coisa boa -> Such a nice thing
Pois há menos pecinhas pra eu catar do chão -> Because there are less pieces to me to pick up from the ground
Quando você voa direito e não despenca -> When you fly correctly and don't plummet

Volta pros meus braços -> Come back to my arms
Não vira caco, haja saco -> Don't become trash, oh no
É isopor picado pra todo lado -> There is styrofoam chopped everywhere
Desmontado assim, quebrado assim -> A plane disassembled, broken
Pedaços e caquinhos e trabalho sem ter fim -> Pieces and more pieces and work without end

Quero provar que esse negócio voa mesmo e pousa sim -> I want to prove that this thing flies indeed and lands
Quero provar que esse negócio voa mesmo e pousa sim -> I want to prove that this thing flies indeed and lands

QUE É PRA ACABAR COM QUEM DUVIDA, ISSO VOA, VOA SIM!!! -> IT'S TO SHUT UP OF ANYONE WHO'S DUBIOUS, THIS FLIES, FLIES!!!

The last phrase to me is the most important hahaha, most strange people who saw me breaking this plane in so many different places were usually looking at me with that face "what an idiot guy, thinking he can make that trash fly". Carrying the broken pieces back to my house inside a bus was even more sad, people looking me and thinking "What is going on in this guy's mind? This cant fly.". Now, thanks to you guys, this thing flies, flies very well and EVERY single time I fly with it there is someone approaching and asking about it! \o/