TaraniTunes: Awesome music player for Taranis - RC Groups
Nov 02, 2017, 07:15 PM
Cool

TaraniTunes: Awesome music player for Taranis

Hey guys!

I just made my first Lua script with OpenTX. I couldn't find any great music player for my Taranis Q X7. I was using this Simple Background Music Player but it only plays random songs. The TaraniJuke seems really promising but it was never released, though its functionalities of showing the timestamp, time remaining and automatically switch songs looks awesome but I have no idea how they were implemented.

Introducing TaraniTunes, compatible with FrSky Taranis Q X7 and Taranis X9D:

It's kind of like a jukebox, you just scroll through your song, select one to play, hit a switch and tadaa!
You can assign different switches to do different actions:
* One switch to play the music (I use D-)
* One switch to choose a random music (I use D_)
* Two switches (or better: throttle trims) to play the next/previous song

Click here to go to the GitHub repo (with downloads and instructions)!

Here is a video explaining how to install TaraniTunes and how to use it:

TaraniTunes: A Music Player for Taranis (6 min 4 sec)
Last edited by GilDev; Nov 04, 2017 at 05:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2017, 08:08 PM
RCdiy
Awesome
Would you like me to do a video?
Nov 02, 2017, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcRav
Would you like me to do a video?
Sure, that would be nice! But as the installation instructs may seem complex to some people, I will still try to find the time to soon make a video explaining everything with subtitles so that people wont have to listen to my “horrible” English accent. =P
Nov 03, 2017, 09:31 AM
RCdiy
Quote:
A function called when entering a telemetry screen. Useful to draw the screen only when needed and not every frame. Without that variable, when entering the telemetry screen more than once, the screen stays stuck onto the main screen.
Could you expalin this? Isn't that how it is done now?
Nov 03, 2017, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcRav
Could you expalin this? Isn't that how it is done now?
Yeah I understand it way be confusing.
I tried to wrote my code to only draw the screen when needed (when scrolling through songs or changing the current song), but, when the user is on the main screen and tries to go to the telemetry screens (to effectively show TaraniTunes), the screen doesn't update and stays on the main screen display, although the telemetry script took control.
I would need a way to know when the user enter the telemetry screen so that I can make a first render of it.

Is that more clear? It's hard for me to explain it…
Nov 03, 2017, 10:17 AM
RCdiy
local function run_func(event)
print(event)

if event ~= 0 then lcd.clear() end

print out in debug window
--------------------------
chainMenu(0, 0x1178591a0)
chainMenu(0, 0x117874cb0)

----------
Nov 03, 2017, 10:23 AM
Oh you maybe on to something if it in fact launches an event when you enter the screen. 191, is that an “EVT_PAGE_BREAK”?
Nov 04, 2017, 05:22 PM
I updated the first post to add the video I made explaining how to install and use TaraniTunes.
Nov 04, 2017, 09:51 PM
KNUCKLEUPFPV
Followed your instructions and used your test sounds plus two of my own. It only plays music1 repeatedly. Even after selecting another song it just loops music1. opentx 2.2.0 on qx7.
I have no idea whats wrong.
Nov 05, 2017, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKillR
Followed your instructions and used your test sounds plus two of my own. It only plays music1 repeatedly. Even after selecting another song it just loops music1. opentx 2.2.0 on qx7.
I have no idea whats wrong.
I just tried it with the example and it works. Note that when you select a song, and it appears in the “Now playing” section, you still have to stop background music and start it again (“SD” in top position then in center position with the default configuration).
Nov 10, 2017, 12:15 AM
KNUCKLEUPFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilDev
I just tried it with the example and it works. Note that when you select a song, and it appears in the “Now playing” section, you still have to stop background music and start it again (“SD” in top position then in center position with the default configuration).

Yep did that and its music 1, music 1, music 1. On repeat. Maybe its because our qx7s are different. Not sure.
Nov 19, 2017, 12:33 PM
I really have no idea why it doesn't work… Even in the simulator it works for me.