AMA - GivingTuesday - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

AMA - GivingTuesday

The AMA is having a #GivingTuesday campaign on November 28th to help raise funds. Read on to learn more!

Splash

The AMA is participating in #GivingTuesday on November 28 to help us hit our 2017 fundraising goal of $225,000.

From the AMA:

Why should you give? Because model flying is what you love, and we love to help you fly. AMA’s team works on behalf of members everyday by providing membership services, working with the FAA and in DC, engaging youth and building educational programs using model aviation, building partnerships to enhance the hobby, and much more.

Pies in the Sky - Giving Tuesday (0 min 21 sec)

Each hour will feature staff members who have all stepped up to go live to share what their piece of the pie is at AMA and if $300 is raised during their hour, take a pie to the face. Help us raise $2,000 to see AMA Executive Director Dave Mathewson and AMA Staff Director Joyce Hager take a pie to the face. If we hit $2,500 participating members of the Executive Council will take a pie, and if our ultimate goal of $3,000 is reached, AMA President Rich Hanson will take a pie at 4 p.m Eastern Standard Time.

This is your chance to meet AMA staff members and give back. Then, join us at 2 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, November for 29 for our recap show, Leftovers, where we’ll announce the total raised. Join in the fun and make a tax-deductible donation!

Learn More

Head over to the AMA site for more info.

Nov 03, 2017, 11:02 PM
Barnwell, SC
I gave money for and thousands of hours volunteer time over 32 years (not just on Tuesdays). Done with it.
Last edited by hfenn; Nov 04, 2017 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Accused by moderatorof trolling
Nov 04, 2017, 08:35 AM
I miss President Reagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfenn
I gave money for and thousands of hours volunteer time over 32 years (not just on Tuesdays). Done with it. They already have pie (with lots of egg) on their faces. Not paying a penny more. Not even paying attention. I wouldn't spend the time to watch that ***$**
Welcome to the Renegade Air Force (RAF).
Nov 04, 2017, 01:58 PM
Barnwell, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK001
Welcome to the Renegade Air Force (RAF).
Thanks. Still having fun with the planes, rc ff and cl. Did do the quad and tri copter thing for a while as well as fpv but got rid of them so as not to be identified with groups that cause problems for the public in general and hobbyists in particular.
Last edited by hfenn; Nov 04, 2017 at 10:05 PM. Reason: clarity
Nov 04, 2017, 05:48 PM
AeroDan
Quote:
Thanks. Still having fun with the planes, rc ff and cl. Did do the quad and tri copter thing for a while as well as fpv but got rid of them so as not to be identified with groups that cause problems for the general public in general and hobbyists in particular.
Amen.👍
Nov 05, 2017, 01:05 PM
I miss President Reagan
Quote:
Thanks. Still having fun with the planes, rc ff and cl. Did do the quad and tri copter thing for a while as well as fpv but got rid of them so as not to be identified with groups that cause problems for the public in general and hobbyists in particular.
Yep! That's what my back yard is for.
Nov 05, 2017, 01:07 PM
I miss President Reagan
Quote:
I gave money for and thousands of hours volunteer time over 32 years (not just on Tuesdays). Done with it.
I see someone thought you stepped on the toes of the sacred cow!
Nov 05, 2017, 04:21 PM
Sorry, the pie in the sky thing does nothing for my wallet. Even if they were made with 2 sticks of butter and unregistered with the FAA.
Now a post Holiday Season fruit cake eating contest I might open up a bit.
Nov 06, 2017, 02:44 AM
Last edited by JohnsPop; Nov 08, 2017 at 10:25 AM.
Nov 07, 2017, 12:19 PM
I'm giving money, its called membership dues. If they can't afford to operate on the dues, then they need to manage better.
Nov 07, 2017, 03:09 PM
Commander, U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrc78
I'm giving money, its called membership dues. If they can't afford to operate on the dues, then they need to manage better.
Agree.

Case in point: Stop paying people to do jobs that clearly aren't being done (or done correctly).

Details: It's someone's job to make sure the members only reports are posted in a timely manner. Per the staff, the annual financial report was "supposed" to have been posted in July. They just posted it the other day. What's scary is not only did the person who's being paid to do their job not do it. The person paid to supervise that person didn't notice it. And finally, the ED who's paid to oversee the whole HQ didn't notice it either.
Nov 08, 2017, 06:01 AM
liquid_courage
Is the ama still even a thing??? I'm proud to say that in my 25+ years in this hobby I've never gave one cent to that crooked organization because even as a child it was obvious that it was a waste of money. It warms my heart to see that everyone I know that enjoys this great hobby nowadays also feels the same way. I can only hope that the ama pays rcgroups for these announcements so at least they would finally be doing something constructive with members dues lol
Nov 08, 2017, 10:49 AM
AeroDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrc78
Amen. And instead of wasting those pies, they should be donated to the homeless/hungry.
Nov 08, 2017, 11:31 AM
I miss President Reagan
Listening AMA?
Nov 09, 2017, 10:13 PM
Culper Junior
After receiving today's email about re-registering with the FAA I will never give the AMA another cent. They were jealous of John Taylor's ruling so they literally rolled over and didn't protest the reversal. And the email tells the membership to accept the ruling and do the right thing and register. Never. I'll quit the AMA and go back to boatbuilding. There are other hobbies.

Time for a new Model Airplane Organization that actually looks out for the modellers needs and not the organization's.
Last edited by aeronca52; Nov 09, 2017 at 10:58 PM.