Best radio for an Ahi ? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 02, 2017, 04:21 PM
Question

Best radio for an Ahi ?

whats the best simple radio set up for my new Ahi !. I already bought the optional flite pack, thnx, "dd"
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2017, 04:46 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Which radio do you have?

Or are you asking which radio you should buy?

If you are looking to buy... I'd recommend a Spektrum DX6e. They are $149 (transmitter only) and totally awesome. It's what I took with me, along with the Ahi, when I flew in Europe this summer. And my current favorite radio.

If you already have a Spektrum AirWare radio, see attached for the file I'm using. It provides snapflap mixing, as well as 4 axis dynamic flap control (on the throttle stick), camber mode for thermalling (controlled on the A switch), and all the compensation and expo needed to make it fly nice.
Latest blog entry: Of Fish, France, FPV, and Fun!
Nov 02, 2017, 05:54 PM
looking to get a new transmitter and receiver.
Nov 02, 2017, 06:00 PM
I guess what I'm asking is ?, is there a transmitter and receiver combo deal out there that fits the Ahi ?
Nov 02, 2017, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
Which radio do you have?

Or are you asking which radio you should buy?

If you are looking to buy... I'd recommend a Spektrum DX6e. They are $149 (transmitter only) and totally awesome. It's what I took with me, along with the Ahi, when I flew in Europe this summer. And my current favorite radio.

If you already have a Spektrum AirWare radio, see attached for the file I'm using. It provides snapflap mixing, as well as 4 axis dynamic flap control (on the throttle stick), camber mode for thermalling (controlled on the A switch), and all the compensation and expo needed to make it fly nice.
Your talking to Dutchy, he has no idea what you just said He still wants to use a 4 channel futaba conquest.
Nov 02, 2017, 06:42 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchydawg1
I guess what I'm asking is ?, is there a transmitter and receiver combo deal out there that fits the Ahi ?
This will work great:
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdId=SPM6650

A Futaba Conquest probably won't
Nov 02, 2017, 10:29 PM
do radios even have crystals anymore ???
Nov 02, 2017, 11:08 PM
Just Toss It !!!
This is what's happening:
Nov 02, 2017, 11:16 PM
I haven't bought a radio in over 20 years !!! it's all so complicated now ?!?!...
Nov 02, 2017, 11:32 PM
ANY radio will work fine!!! Of course I always recommend Hitec stuff because their relatively cheap and perform well. But that plane is not exactly high tech. Any simple inexpensive radio will work fine. I still fly with my OLD Optic 6's and Eclipse radios as well as the new 2.4 Aurora stuff. They all work fine!!
Nov 02, 2017, 11:35 PM
It's time for me to fly
I would agree with Steve.....the dx6e. Affordable, easy to program, plenty of mixes and features, and compatible with the inexpensive and dependable (and unfortunately named) Lemon 6 channel receivers. I don't have one (I'm using a JR 9103) but if I was shopping for a radio right now, that's what I would buy.
Nov 03, 2017, 12:03 AM

My Ahi !

This thing is Freakin Awesome ! it takes like an hour to build
as someone who has done my share of design work, I can say a Lot of thought wen't into this design, thing just falls together, a 10 year old kid could do it faster than me !
Nov 03, 2017, 12:04 AM
and Most of all, it was FUN doing it !!!
Nov 03, 2017, 02:06 AM
Piscine Promulgator
Just wait till you fly it!!

Throws, CG and everything else in the manual is good to go. You're gonna have a good time, I think
Nov 03, 2017, 08:04 AM
around Colombia
This old dawg is gonna learn new tricks... speaking for myself, of course, while I'm waiting for my Ahi to arrive in South America... : )
Last edited by ShredAir; Nov 03, 2017 at 03:55 PM.