installing illuminated screen - RC Groups
Nov 02, 2017, 08:10 AM
Help!

installing illuminated screen

if you own a radio whose screen is not illuminated, would you like to be? i do.
or if it happens to be, but is red, and is worse than if it werent, wouldnt you?
i learned that hk has this: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us
and wonder if it could be an easy job, and that it can be installed in any radio
the only problem for those that dont live in the u s, is that it is only available at the u s warehouse and they only ship international fedex and costs some 27 us$. see: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...html?wrh_pdp=3
isnt that ridiculous
anyway, what advice could you guys provide regarding the feasibility of this project?
please only answers polite, positive and to the point.
details on shipping cost:
i want to buy this:
Item Qty Warehouse Stock Product Description Weight Subtotal
CONTINUE SHOPPING
Turnigy 9X LCD Backlight Kit - Blue (DIY)
-

+
USA OK 9X-LCD-BL
Turnigy 9X LCD Backlight Kit - Blue (DIY)
24g $3.53
Total Weight:24g
Grand Total $3.53
Checkout with PayPal
-OR-
Checkout

DISCOUNT CODES
APPLY

GIFT CARDS
APPLY Check Gift Card status and balance
Before you proceed
ESTIMATE SHIPPING
COUNTRY

Canada
STATE/PROVINCE

Ontario
ZIP/POSTAL CODE

N8N 1N6
UPDATE TOTAL ESTIMATE
USA
FedEx Canada Ground Residential (Zone 51) 1g - 499g $27.35 plus $15 for delivery!
Delivery 2~10 days
it is not in stock at hong kong but it is at the u s.
problem is, they only ship fedex and the cost is, well, you see...
what can you say?
Last edited by phil alvirez; Nov 02, 2017 at 03:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2017, 02:13 AM
Call an US friend for relaying
Nov 03, 2017, 06:24 AM

yes

i do that from time to time. but is ridiculous to have to do that even for something so small and low cost.
Nov 03, 2017, 09:25 AM
It's in stock at other warehouses too, unless it's urgent wait a while until global WH restocks.
Nov 03, 2017, 09:38 AM
as far as i see, it shows global or u s only. meaning global is hong kong-but it is oos there.
and about waiting, no problem. but, how do i know that they will get it again? as i think it does not have a great demand, may mean never.
Nov 03, 2017, 08:34 PM
Perhaps you can only see Global and US WH. It's in stock on AU, I could buy one and send it to you but the postage cost might exceed the US charge.
Nov 03, 2017, 08:51 PM

crazy way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
Perhaps you can only see Global and US WH. It's in stock on AU, I could buy one and send it to you but the postage cost might exceed the US charge.
well, it is what shows for me. why, i dont know. and thanks for your intention to help.
i have some friends in america who could buy for me and then send to me. this way is less expensive. i do this now and then, but for things of more value-and shipping is same as for this little thing, so then is more justifiable.
anyway nothing urgent. just wondering why from america they ship fedex only to canada: there is where the shipping gets so expensive.
these are the options for me: GLOBAL USA
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us
Nov 03, 2017, 11:33 PM
See what happens when you try this

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us

HK only allows you to purchase from your local WH (not sure what happens if there isn't one, closest perhaps) and Global. So you normally you only see stock in the WHs you can buy from.
Nov 04, 2017, 04:57 AM

same history

just checked: its the same!
but thank for your intention to help, dear friend!
Nov 04, 2017, 06:08 AM
That link gives me the item in the AU WH when I am logged in and HK knows my location. I can see the US WH if I click on your link and am not logged in. The website then lets me select my location from the flags in the top bar.
Nov 04, 2017, 03:11 PM

another no

now tried send them to a friend in the states but dont let me because my credit card address does not match the 1 of my friend.
shipping is about $10
sometimes makes me feel as if i am more isolated than if i were living at the north pole.
Nov 06, 2017, 03:19 AM
Get the green from HK, it is better color optically/ergonomically than blue anyway.
Nov 06, 2017, 05:05 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez
...wonder if it could be an easy job, and that it can be installed in any radio...
Looks to me that it is specifically made for the T9X. I guess it could be put in other radios but may require some modification and you would need to check for sure what the polarity is since LED will only work one way.
Nov 06, 2017, 11:07 AM

not again

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
Get the green from HK, it is better color optically/ergonomically than blue anyway.
tried and tried to place the order but when looking at the order it shows OUT OF STOCK
how do you know?

Home › Radios & Servos › Radios › Turnigy › Accessories
Shipped From: GLOBAL
Turnigy 9X LCD Backlight Kit - Green (DIY)
Turnigy 9X LCD Backlight Kit - Green (DIY)

QTY:
-

+
$5.49
Add to cart
Add to Wishlist
Rating:
Stock:
In Stock
Last edited by phil alvirez; Nov 06, 2017 at 11:13 AM.
Nov 06, 2017, 11:13 AM

funny guys

and if tried again for 1 (i was ordering 2) i got this message:

" Sorry! Not enough stock is available to complete that action. Please adjust your quantity from the cart page. "

but i now i was ordering 1!