This thread is privately moderated by JulianGoesPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 01, 2017, 06:21 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Spektrum Smart Technology // BattGO // iSDT // TX60i // IC3 // Batteries // Chargers

Looks like Spektrum (HorizonHobby) is going to push BattGo / XT60i and I really hope this will help it take off... all I want to do is not worry about which lipos I (can) charge at 10A and which at 2A every time and just plug them in and hit start charging

Spektrum™ Smart Technology - Redefining Connectivity and Simplicity in RC (2 min 48 sec)

Spektrum™ Smart Technology - Redefining Connectivity and Simplicity in RC (1 min 49 sec)

//Original Post:

The BattGo Technology is spreading rapidly so I am creating this one thread for all BattGo equipped devices... from Lipos over Chargers to the USB Linker... and more to come

Since a few days I am playing with it and so far I like it... the lipos (charsoon 1300 and 1500) seem to be good so far and the T8 I have since some time plays really nice with them!

First things first... what does actually BattGo do/offer?
so far I know of those

it will show:
- Battery brand
- Production date
- Battery type
- Battery capacity
- Max charging C
- Max discharging C
- Battery circulation (recharged)
- Over temperature (how often)
- Battery over charging (how often)
- Battery over discharging (how often)

what it will save:
- default charge rate (I like to pic 2C)
- default storage charge voltage
- default max charge voltage

whats freaking awesome
- auto discharge timer (after X hours the lipo will self-discharge )

Keep in mind, this info is stored on the chip inside the lipo so you can have one lipo that you always overcharge and one that you always undercharge... pretty cool IMO...

both the 1300mAh and 1500mAh Charsoon BattGo Lipos connected to the iSDT T8

As of right now I think the iSDT T8 is the only charger with an XT60i and therefor BattGo support...

The question that's still going around is... just a gimmick or worth it?

BattGo devices:
Charger:

iSDT T8
USB Linker:
iSDT BattGo Linker
Lipos:
Charsoon BattGo 1500mAh 4S
Charsoon BattGo 1300mAh 4S

Unboxing // Firstlook // BattGo // 1500mah 4S // T8 iSDT // XT60i (6 min 17 sec)

Unboxing // Charsoon 1300mAh 4S // BattGo // Lipo // XT60i (2 min 40 sec)

Unboxing // BattGo // XT60i USB Linker (2 min 26 sec)
Last edited by JulianGoesPro; Sep 26, 2018 at 07:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2017, 07:45 PM
Team WarpSquad
I wish I hadn't just purchased a new 4xpro charger I love me some logging ability. The nerd force is strong in me.

I just got the ISDT BG-8c cell checker for field checking my batteries and i like it so far. that is how I learned about the battgo tech. I hope it catches on or becomes an add on item for existing batteries. I wouldn't mind upgrading my most frequent used batteries to include that.

thanks for the info and the videos.
Dec 06, 2017, 05:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama
I wish I hadn't just purchased a new 4xpro charger I love me some logging ability. The nerd force is strong in me.

I just got the ISDT BG-8c cell checker for field checking my batteries and i like it so far. that is how I learned about the battgo tech. I hope it catches on or becomes an add on item for existing batteries. I wouldn't mind upgrading my most frequent used batteries to include that.

thanks for the info and the videos.

You are welcome

I really hope it catches up, it would be so easy to implement real time cell voltage via TLM when reading the the battgo data by the fc... stuff like that or even more... really hope it catches on as well!
May 08, 2018, 11:50 AM
How are the batteries holding up to some other ones around their price range? Im thinking about picking up 2 of the 1500mah and the isd checker with the battgo features.
May 10, 2018, 02:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbee
How are the batteries holding up to some other ones around their price range? Im thinking about picking up 2 of the 1500mah and the isd checker with the battgo features.
so far I am impressed for the price, but TBH I am not the hardcore guy cycle wise, more the hardcore discharge guy (less cycles but high amp draw and low resting voltage after flights)

I would say they perform equal to my graphene packs from HK (which I really like)
Sep 26, 2018, 07:05 PM
Thread OP
Looks like Spektrum (HorizonHobby) is going to push BattGo / XT60i and I really hope this will help it take off... all I want to do is not worry about which lipos I can charge at 5A and which at 1A every time and just plug them in and hit start charging

Spektrum™ Smart Technology - Redefining Connectivity and Simplicity in RC (2 min 48 sec)

Spektrum™ Smart Technology - Redefining Connectivity and Simplicity in RC (1 min 49 sec)

Oh no... you can't plug a XT60i into the Spektrum chargers... and no XT60 either... so much for mass adoption hopes... (IC3 // XT60i & XT60)
Last edited by JulianGoesPro; Sep 26, 2018 at 07:26 PM.
Oct 10, 2018, 08:44 PM
Surely there will be adapters spectrum is making both ec3 and ec5 smart batteries but the chargers are ec3 so there has to be something.

Similarly going from a smart xt60 to ec3 should be possible.
Oct 14, 2018, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilatrout
Surely there will be adapters spectrum is making both ec3 and ec5 smart batteries but the chargers are ec3 so there has to be something.

Similarly going from a smart xt60 to ec3 should be possible.
In their live stream I got the chance to ask them if their batteries and chargers are compatible with BattGo if we make an adapter and they said yes

I now need to get my hands on IC3 male and female and XT60i male and female plugs to wire those up... (so far haven't killed one of my XT60i batteries and/or XT60i chargers)
Feb 26, 2019, 09:07 AM
Totally!!
Has anyone tried a spektrum smart battery with an isdt battgo charger?

Quick Reply