Tucson "A" Mountain photos - Page 5 - RC Groups
Nov 20, 2004, 11:05 PM
Silent Flight
Nice shootin', Jim!

Tracy:

U2 tunage? Naw.... That sissy dude's voice and tunes make me gag. I'll bring the real U2 out tomorrow afternoon in its near finished state. I want you perfectionists to take a look at it before I reach the Point of No Return.

I'm thinking a removable wing might be a good idea, too, and need some advice on how to do it right.

Back to the 3M77, tape, glue, acetone, tolulene, Minwax and sanding. I hope my work area does not explode.

daveWCO
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2004, 11:36 PM
I feel the need for speed
OH NO ... Sean (Monkey Boy) is talking about this summer's vacation to San Carlos. He's still psyk'd about that trip. I guess he had a great time.

Missed out on tonight's flying. Tucson Raceway Park had an event and we did the Kettle Korn thing AND yes it was worth the trouble. Got to pay for those planes some how!!

Dave - Do I smell a U2 out there on the horizon?? Can't be, Nah, just my imagination!!! Talk about perfectionist, you're the one who keeps delaying due to decisions like; to bag or not to bag, now THAT's a question. Looking forward to seeing the progress tomorrow evening on the hill!! Hopefully it won't ra..... ooopps almost said it!!

I'd like to throw that P-63 sometime. Especially after reading Jeff's post about how light winds they fly theirs in! And besides there's always the "bail out" area below, eh? Would not be the first maiden to end up on the pads.

Planning on TD stuff at Maxwell tomorrow morning then hitting the "A". See you guys there!

Tracy
Nov 21, 2004, 12:07 AM
got 2 more rolls 11/21/04
hey guys bring your cameras can feel a good piture day comin on + u guys gotta take some pics of me and my wing.I'm hoping my me-109 will bee up soon so u can look foward to see me flyin that.
Nov 21, 2004, 12:46 AM
One of the "A" Crew
Tracy, I think the idea of that plane flying in ten mph winds is crazy!! I would be affraid to toss it at 15 mph on the fist launch. Hopefully the wind will be at the predicted 10-20 mph tomorrow. My forecast says from the south just like today. That will be great if it just doesn't go to that other dreaded direction. Hope to see you guys out there tomorrow.

Guys. lets put together a trip to San Carlos with the planes, that would be awsome. Tracy, where you guys stayed , I believe I can get 1,2,&3 bedroom rooms for a great deal. Seems like the 1br were around $50 per night and they actually have the bed and the hide-a-bed. We could have a blast down there with some great winds. Just think guys flying all day and Margaritas at night. Can it get much better?
Nov 21, 2004, 10:17 AM
Rat Dude
Jason's Super Scooter looks like my old Pink Floyd with a few speed modifications on it. You should've sprung for some covering Jason -- you would've been able to buy a lot had you cleaned my apartment out for me!

Ug...a newbie with a Zagi THL? That thing will be dead in 30 crashes. It didn't take mine long to bite the dust. Those things just don't handle cactus and rock well. Good first starter wing though. Looks like a few newbies up there on the A.

And what is Bill - republican that he is - doing wearing John Kerry's Barn Jacket???

Now stop with the pictures. You guys are making me miss Tucson! I'm getting all weepy and teary eyed here. I'm also suffering from slope withdrawl.
Nov 21, 2004, 05:50 PM
Long to be flyin'
Great pictures, that made up for not getting up the slope this weekend and for not getting in to the workshop. Could do with more threads like this, lots of different models and great scenery.

Tony.
Nov 21, 2004, 07:52 PM
Throw it it'll fly
Well Michael I dont have any body to help me with covering now that ur gone. Sure wish I had my train transformer so I can cut some foam. Well I guess I gotta go buy one and learn to cut myself. My super scooter fly awsomely wish I could let U fly it but I dont have a live feed camera so u could fly it from Ind.. lol
Ur ladlord told me u wernt getttin ur deposed back if it was cleaned or not so #$%$ hin anyway

Well have some good holidays and dont forget to ask santa for a slope in ur back yard Lates JASON
Nov 21, 2004, 08:09 PM
got 2 more rolls 11/21/04
Well i think we got some good pictures today.Hope they are as good as the flying.Well come on guys start puttin your pics on.I know we got some good ones.

I think we got some of me finally.TO ALL:ENJOY TODAYS PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 21, 2004, 09:16 PM
One of the "A" Crew
Shawn, stop your whinning already!! Here you go.

First ones of Shawn and Dave, followed by Shawns' wing in action. Gotta give props to the youngest guy on the hill.
Nov 21, 2004, 09:21 PM
One of the "A" Crew
Well my first attempt at posting pix was somewhat succesfull. Can someone tell me how to size the pictures so that they stay on the page and don't take up the world? I got some great pixs today and would like to post them, but if I do at that size they may take three pages. Thanks
Nov 21, 2004, 09:47 PM
Silent Flight
Justin:

If you have PhotoShop, or similar, try reducing the pixel dimensions down to, say, 640 x 480 (or less). Then, using the "Save for Web" option usually knocks the file size down under 100K.

Anyway, it works for me.

Dave
Nov 21, 2004, 09:51 PM
Silent Flight
It was windy enough today for small children to fly!

(Please excuse the fuzzy images. I yanked most of these frames from my video cam footage.)
Nov 21, 2004, 09:53 PM
Silent Flight
High winds make for happy slopers.
Nov 21, 2004, 09:55 PM
One of the "A" Crew
Dave,
How about the actual physical dimension of the post. On my screen it opens with part of the picture and wording off the screen. You have to scroll over to see all of the picture and read the text. Is it the same on yours? I hate this when I'm trying to read others' post and would like to save you guys the same frustration.

I got some great pixs ot the Shrike so let me know.
Nov 21, 2004, 09:56 PM
Silent Flight
Sean's wing (Boomerang?) waaay out there, probably making his dad nervous!

Quick Reply