Tucson "A" Mountain photos - Page 3 - RC Groups
Nov 15, 2004, 12:47 AM
Silent Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROSSON
Have you ever started out trying to make a plane look great and the farther along you get the worse it seems to get.
Justin:

Yes. Every single plane I've built.

Your Comanche was picture perfect the last time I saw it. I would have placed it in a mahogany trimmed glass case with a motion detecting alarm around the perimeter.

See ya'll tomorrow.

daveWCO
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2004, 08:39 AM
Rat Dude
The Shrike was built by someone in California (Mauro would know all the grisly details) for a PSS competition a few years ago. I believe the guy is from Mojave or somewhere around there. It was featured in an RC magazine because it placed top in the civilian PSS category. Mauro had been drooling over it for the past few months, called the guy and he agreed to sell it for a few quid. If memory serves me the wing span and fuselage are in the 90" range and the all up weight is in the 12 pound plus range. It truly is a heavy beast. It flies magnificently. I tried to combat it once and he ran right over me -- it looked like a wing getting hit by a train!

And Dave -- it's not allegedly 1100 miles...It IS 1100 miles.
Nov 19, 2004, 12:09 AM
one of me and the boomerang (sp?) not to good of a pic but hey???
Nov 19, 2004, 12:13 AM
Tracy and the P-39....No maiden today.....either it wasn't ready or he was chicken....
Nov 19, 2004, 12:16 AM
This one is ,I think a Bowman commanche? in the colors of the Arizona state flag......(how appropriate for "A" mountain) Piloted by Justin (I think?)
Nov 19, 2004, 12:51 AM
Silent Flight
Another shot of Justin's Comanche, with the proud builder/pilot.

Check out that paint job!

daveWCO
Nov 19, 2004, 10:03 AM
Insert custom witicism
Nice paint on the Comanchee. Who's the manufacturer/distributor/creator of that big P-39? All he needs is some canopy paint and that thing looks good to go!

Jeff
Nov 19, 2004, 10:31 AM
I feel the need for speed
Hey Jeff - The P-63 is a LEG, just like your's!! I did not have time to mask the canopy yet. Maybe later tonight!! Had to show it off on the mountain. Unfortunately the wind was too light for me to maiden her. Did get a weight on it - 56 oz. Not sure if that's heavy or not?!?

Hopefully this weekend brings stronger winds. ...... Okay where did I put that ME-109 kit ???

Tracy
Nov 19, 2004, 10:48 AM
Insert custom witicism
Ah, a LEG kit, I shoulda known. At 56 oz that's a perfect weight and will fly in VERY light lift. Jack's 'Cobra was flying at 55 oz in 8-10 mph winds, mine weighing in at 70 oz! will fly in 15 mph or so. Tape, canopy paint and you're ready for the maiden, take pics!

Jeff
Nov 19, 2004, 06:27 PM
Jeff - I just got the "Hebbie Jebbies" standing there with 15 mph blowing in my face and a brand new plan in my hands. I know, I know - No guts, No glory, right? Forecast for Sunday is looking at strong winds, so I may get it flying!

Besides I need to get the canopy done!

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Tracy
Nov 19, 2004, 06:54 PM
One of the "A" Crew

Chicken!!

Tracy,

That thing will fly without a canopy on it. I PROMISE!! Notice my comanchee flew just fine with the addition of a little wieght. THANKS BUDDY!! Don't you just hate those guys who always come to the mountain without weight, hangar box, etc. OH WAIT, that would be me. Forget I said anything. Maybe Sunday Tracy.

Thanks for the pix Dave and Jim I'll have to bring my camera and return the favor. Someones going to have to show me how to post them though.

Tracy, are we going to Sage tomorrow or not? Call me.
Nov 19, 2004, 07:00 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Sweet plane. My old Weasel had a similar color scheme, I used to joke with people that it was the "Arizona Flag Weasel"

Sorry for sneaking that in there, just had to share

Steve
Nov 19, 2004, 07:57 PM
Silent Flight
Steve:

Weasels are always welcome here.
Nov 19, 2004, 09:47 PM
Yea Steve - Weasels welcome, and skunks, and squirrels, and raccoons, and rabbitts, and coyotes, and ......... well Dave understands, eh?

Keep the pictures coming!

Tracy
Nov 19, 2004, 10:42 PM
got 2 more rolls 11/21/04
Dad we need to get some pics of the youngest pilot on the mountain with his beutiful plane.

Quick Reply