Nov 14, 2004, 07:51 PM
Throw it it'll fly
Hey Jim wheres my plane I didnt see any pics???????????
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2004, 07:58 PM
A few of Mauro's Shrike
The launch
Nov 14, 2004, 08:01 PM
One in flight
Nov 14, 2004, 08:06 PM
And the recovery...
after the little mid air...(lost 1/2 of the horizontal )
Nov 14, 2004, 08:52 PM
Rat Dude
Let the record show that I drove 1100 miles round trip to get that Shrike for Mauro! All the way from Tucson to Tehachapi California.

It was worth it just to see it fly. What a magnificent, huge sloper!
Nov 14, 2004, 08:57 PM
Insert custom witicism
Dig that Shrike, big beautiful plane! Any more info on it? Looks like you guys fly with some beautiful views!

Jeff
Nov 14, 2004, 09:42 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
great shots guys thats what makes this hobby so good
Nov 14, 2004, 10:32 PM
Silent Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzJason
Hey Jim wheres my plane I didnt see any pics???????????
Jason:

Here ya go:

AzJason about to maiden his classic Katie II off the SW side of A Mountain.
Nov 14, 2004, 10:33 PM
Silent Flight
Hey! It Flys!

And very nicely, too!
Nov 14, 2004, 10:48 PM
Silent Flight

Moving to the East Slope

Dave Nutt's crunchie zipping past my slow digital camera "shutter."

The Tucson city center is to the right, and the Santa Catalina Mountain range is in the background.

daveWCO
Nov 14, 2004, 10:51 PM
Silent Flight
Coming around for another pass!

Someone please name that plane!

daveWCO
Nov 14, 2004, 11:51 PM
Rat Dude
Still flying till the butt crack of night I see! Jason's plane looks very good.
All these pictures are making me miss the "A" and all you guys. Getting cold back here in Indiana...and those tall trees snagging my beautiful gas slimer.
Nov 14, 2004, 11:52 PM
I feel the need for speed
Dave - Those pictures came out GREAT. Tell the fat guy next to you, to get his shirt out of the way .

Bet you guys had a blast today. I got to sit with the family and watch the wind blow by, wishing I was up there! Ah, but there will always be more days of wind ahead

Tracy
Nov 15, 2004, 12:26 AM
Silent Flight
Jeff:

I don't know much about Mauro's Shrike, except for the fact that it flys very nicely, it is huge, has a video cam onboard and that Michael allegedly drove 1100 miles to pick it up. Hopefully someone else will pipe in with info on the beast.

Michael:

Yeah, old habits die hard. "Dark? It's not dark. There's plennnnnnnty of light out there. Are you a Man or a Wussy? Throw that _________ thing!"

Tracy:

Sorry we missed you! The winds were still howlin' 'til dark. In fact, they still are. Anyone up for some flying?

daveWCO
Nov 15, 2004, 12:28 AM
One of the "A" Crew

More Wind Indeed !!

Hey guys, looks like the forcast for tomorrow here in Tucson is East @ 10-20mph. Hope it holds up all day, I,m hoping to have my Commanche ready for it's maiden tomorrow. We'll see, this painting thing is getting a little frustrating. Have you ever started out trying to make a plane look great and the farther along you get the worse it seems to get. That's been my experience with this little project. Oh well, this build was meant to be a learning experience before my LEG warbird builds. I'll be looking for a lot of advice. Painting seems to be my biggest hang-up. See yiou guys tomorrow, Tracy, Give me a call tomorrow sometime.

Quick Reply