Feb 20, 2018, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savall21
Sweet! How are you doing the lap counter?
There are a couple of iOS apps that I found for this, not sure about Android:
whoop laps (best for single car tracking) & RC timing (will track multiple cars of different colour, but fiddly to setup)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2018, 09:59 PM
Just wondering if this car is still popular? Where is the cheapest place to get one these days?
Aug 17, 2018, 10:51 PM
Yep, whole thread on them https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...55-Wltoys-1-28
Feb 17, 2019, 05:38 PM

wltoys k989 it does not go straight

Hi everyone.
If the wltoys k989 takes a hit in the front wheels it does not go straight on straight. I think it depends on the poor quality of the steering guard. Does anyone have a good steering guard to advise me?
Feb 18, 2019, 12:58 AM
Low budget fun
Servo saver can be a bit wonky if the crash is too hard. You can re-align it later.
But if not you can DIY a guard using either plastic or carbon fibre sheet.

Edit: This will also help.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mini-q-s...de-wheels.html
Last edited by Beaver_XT; Feb 18, 2019 at 06:23 AM.
Feb 28, 2019, 07:22 PM
Thank you Beaver.

another question: I would like to adjust the convergence of the front wheels of my k989. Can you tell me where I can find an adjustable tie rod that can be suitable?
Dec 30, 2020, 03:22 AM
Has anyone noticed that the "New" WlToys K989 have a different color servo horn and differential? I've noticed from the newer videos of someone unboxing it and it seems that you can't adjust the steering angle anymore. Can someone with this "new" batch confirm it?
Jan 29, 2021, 04:26 PM
forevernoob
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymambo
Has anyone noticed that the "New" WlToys K989 have a different color servo horn and differential? I've noticed from the newer videos of someone unboxing it and it seems that you can't adjust the steering angle anymore. Can someone with this "new" batch confirm it?
Yep, I got mine today and it has the new servo horn. It has a larger hole at the top so I guess it can still be adjusted but the stock screw is just too small. I'll try to fill it with some epoxy or something
Feb 22, 2021, 06:04 PM

Protocol ??

I have the k969 model. Does anyone know what protocol it uses to bind it with my Radiomaster tx16s transmitter?
Feb 22, 2021, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel2021
I have the k969 model. Does anyone know what protocol it uses to bind it with my Radiomaster tx16s transmitter?
My K989 uses the V2x2 protocol, subtype: JXD506. It should be the same for the K969.

It is not unheard of for WLToys to change the protocol though. They've done it before, even between different production runs of the same models.
Jun 07, 2021, 06:05 AM
What is the governance of the model like?
Are there end positions right and left?
More jobs?
Or is governance proportionate? How many degrees do I turn on the steering wheel, how many degrees does the wheel turn?
Jun 14, 2021, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedartichoke
Yep, I got mine today and it has the new servo horn. It has a larger hole at the top so I guess it can still be adjusted but the stock screw is just too small. I'll try to fill it with some epoxy or something
I just superglued mine in works good so far
Jun 14, 2021, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymambo
New diffs are also pretty bad. Instead of bushing they went with full thickness shaft. Stiff af and need sanding or something. I gave up and run them as locked diffs at the rear on my cars.

Quick Reply