Newbie here, need help with transmitter adjustment - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 31, 2017, 10:45 PM
Help!

Newbie here, need help with transmitter adjustment

Please help if you can, we have a 3/4 scale Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car we are using in a high school play that is controlled with an Airtronics RD6000 Super radio. The body of Chitty will rotate 360 degrees on top of the chassis, the rudder stick on the radio controls the direction of the rotation, the problem I'm having is the car drifts CCW when the rudder stick is in the center position. I know nothing about RC controls but I can see the radio receiver is hooked up to a Sabertooth 2X12 dual 12A motor driver which drives a Makermotor, 5RPM Gear Motor 12VDC, PN00113-C.
Is there a setting on the radio I can change to stop the drift or might the problem be with the Sabertooth motor driver of the motor itself. We are the 3rd owners of the car and do not know who built it.

Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated,
Bruce
Last edited by bmklawt; Oct 31, 2017 at 11:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2017, 11:18 PM
There is a small trim 'tab' centered under the rudder stick. Try adjusting the rudder trim by pushing the trim 'tab' to the right. It will probably 'beep' each time you push the trim tab to the right or left, each beep represents a small adjustment. This basically adjusts center for that channel, in this case rudder.

If you don't have a manual for the radio, I suggest you search for one on the internet and download it. It will explain the various controls and how to adjust. You might be able to find a YouTube video also.

Don
Nov 12, 2017, 08:23 PM
DonA,

Thanks for the reply, I didn't even know what trim was but adjusting it as you said solved my problem.

Thanks much