Help!!! My Quad-Plane Crash During RTL - RC Groups
Oct 31, 2017, 07:46 PM
Discussion

Help!!! My Quad-Plane Crash During RTL

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help me out figuring out this problem.

Flew Quad-Plane yesterday (the white foamy drone) and trying to do an RTL. The drone transition from fixed wing to quad mode and was travelling to the home position. But before it could reach the home position, the drone was going full throttle and low throttle alternately a few times and then crashed.

- Below shows the data log of that flight showing the current draw, voltage, altitude and airspeed

- Attached .doc. file shows the Set Parameters that we used and also described the RTL mode function of the Quad-Plane

- Li-Po Battery we used
a. 2 X 4s 15c 4000mAh LiPo Battery.
b. These two batteries were connected in parallel

- Quad Motor we used in shown in the attached .doc file

- Drone MTOW = 3.97 kg
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2017, 09:34 PM
I have no clue, but your motor document speaks of the motors being suitable for a 2kg quad, and your quad-plane is approximately twice that. The motors could have overheated, or drawn too much current for the ESC's. We don't know the battery state of charge after the crash, so you could have simply run out of battery power.

Troubleshoot via the internet is highly unlikely to be successful unless you are talking to people with prior experience with your specific plane, flight controller, software, etc. Even then, it is difficult to follow the clues and gather data from the other end of an Ethernet cable.
Nov 02, 2017, 10:52 AM
Jaspreet Dhanjal
you can post you article at autopilot where Tridge ( the creator of arduplane firmware) can help you out..

https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/tilt...plane/8805/478