DX9 Programming Question -- Those little Squares - RC Groups
Oct 31, 2017, 11:14 AM
Marion
Question

DX9 Programming Question -- Those little Squares

Need an explanation of how to set the "little squares" when programming mixes. I am having problems programming a 3 position switch. Every time I get two switch positions set up the way I want it, trying to program the third causes loss of switch position data on one of the two preciously set up. Might be related to how those little squares are set.
Is there a good, detailed description of how to set these??
TIA Marion
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2017, 11:19 AM
Those little squares are like checkboxes. In your photo, you are telling the radio that the mix is active with switch E is in Pos 1 or Pos 2, and inactive when in Pos 0.

Andy
Oct 31, 2017, 12:12 PM
Marion
Thanks Andy. Does the color (or lack thereof) indicate anything when in the programming mode -- setting up functions? From your comment, I gather it only indicates which of the programmed switches is functional (active) after programming is completed.

I still have a lot of learning to do here !! I'll go play some more....
Oct 31, 2017, 12:27 PM
Marion
Andy,
That bit of knowledge fixed my programming "problem" :-)
I now have "crow" with three different amounts of deflection, depending on switch position, and following throttle. Low throttle, crow -- high throttle, all surfaces back to normal positions.
I have suggested to Harry Higley that he write a programming book for the DX9 !!
Marion
Oct 31, 2017, 12:29 PM
Pretty much everything in the radio is immediately "active," that is, the programming takes effect immediately and will control your airplane while you are doing the editing.

By "active" in the prior post what I mean is that a mix can be turned on an off in flight. You elected to use switch E to control when the mix is affecting the servo. When the switch is in position 0, the way you have it set up there, the mix is not going to cause the throttle to affect Aux2. When you have the switch in positions 1 or 2, it will cause Aux2 to be affected by the throttle.

You can see this while setting up your plane by moving the throttle around while fiddling with switch E (do this with the prop off, please).

Andy
Oct 31, 2017, 12:30 PM
Chuck Bassani did one for the DX8G1 a long time back. You might find it available as a PDF. Many of the principles apply.

Andy