Vladimir's Model Snipe 2 - RC Groups

Vladimir's Model Snipe 2

The Snipe 2 has been announced and with all these improvements, you can be sure the Snipe is back and better than ever.

Splash

The Snipe Gets a Much Needed Update

The Snipe has been one of the best competitive hand launch gliders for many years, but other planes have been giving it a run and with even more promising designs soon to hit the market, the Snipe needed to make a change. As the team was preparing for the 2017 World Championships, they came up with an experimental design that smoothed out the airflow over the tail and also increasing rigidity. That experiment turned into the Snipe 2 and sure looks like a great update.

There will be 4 versions available in November, the Snipe 2, Lite, Strong and UHM (Ultra High Module). The fuselage shape has been optimized for drag reduction and there's an all new layout for the 4 in the pod servo setup along with provisions for quick-change ballast. The vertical fin gluing surface size has been increased and the aileron control linkages use ball links for easy attachment. The Snipe 2 is said to better indicate lift, climb faster and tighter as well as provide higher launches than the the original. That sounds like a winner to me. Pricing hasn't been released yet, but I'm excited to see one in person and find out how it compares to other top models in this highly competitive discipline.

Check out the Snipe 2 page at Vladimir's Model

Oct 31, 2017, 10:59 AM
I really like the new fuselage design and am sold on two piece wings.

Someone should have told them the easy way to get the elevator out of the dirty airflow is to put it on top of the boom
Oct 31, 2017, 11:47 AM
RCG Admin
Ha! I actually prefer to have the bottom mounted horizontal to have the pull used for up elevator, but that’s just me.
Oct 31, 2017, 12:14 PM
Time for me to Fly...
All those supposed flying improvements came from changing the pod shape and raising the stab a few mm?
Latest blog entry: Some new engines some older
Oct 31, 2017, 01:30 PM
1 revolution and throw!
isn't it a new wing aswell?
Oct 31, 2017, 02:20 PM
I need more pics of that fuselage.
Oct 31, 2017, 03:28 PM
Rick Rogahn
Interesting changes, I'm hoping a lot of that material in the nose is colored fiberglass, I'd hate to have to ruin all those aerodynamic changes by sticking some whiskers out of the nose for the Rx.
Oct 31, 2017, 08:59 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Sticking whiskers out of the nose on a plane with a slip-on nose cone could prove problematic.

Also, is it a new wing? Does it have a little more dihedral than the original too?.... maybe?... I hope...
Latest blog entry: Some new engines some older
Oct 31, 2017, 09:03 PM
fling it and wing it
Looks like I spot access holes in the new fuse for attaching the pushrods. It gives us some idea changes on the top side.
Oct 31, 2017, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
Sticking whiskers out of the nose on a plane with a slip-on nose cone could prove problematic.

Also, is it a new wing? Does it have a little more dihedral than the original too?.... maybe?... I hope...
On Facebook they indicated there were changes in the wing, in the washout I believe
Oct 31, 2017, 09:50 PM
Thomas Truffo said the change is to the wing's AOA (+1 deg). Based on what has been announced on FB the past few days I don't think the wing has been altered.

Perhaps Joe can chime in and shed some light?
Latest blog entry: Vibe Assembly Instructions
Nov 04, 2017, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard S
Someone should have told them the easy way to get the elevator out of the dirty airflow is to put it on top of the boom
I did, with the original Snipe. But was overridden by Joe & Vladimir.

Neil.
Nov 04, 2017, 05:34 PM
Why grow up, it makes no sense
Thomas they stole your honeycomb design!
Nov 04, 2017, 09:03 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaFly
Thomas they stole your honeycomb design!
Pike Precision from Samba model original honeycomb design hit the market in 2012, way before Thomas was born
Yuri
Nov 05, 2017, 03:19 PM
stefan
At the rc model fair in Friedrichshafen (Germany) there was a Snipe 2 on display and i had a close look at it. That thing is going to be great! Cant wait for mine.
Wing is still the same except for the mounting holes, which are different due to the new fuselage. The new fuselage by the way is smooth as a baby‘s bottom compared to the old one.