Oyley's Mhz Jet4 project build - RC Groups
Oct 31, 2017, 04:22 AM
Platinum Card Member
Build Log

Oyley's Mhz Jet4 project build

Edit: I started this thread to give member Oyley a place to chat instead of filling the 3D printed jet drive thread with unrelated matter. But it quickly turned sour and I was dragged into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. I don't know how I get suckered into these things. But do know how to get out, so I've deleted my posts. Maybe that will lessen the tension. My apologies to my friends and supporters.
Last edited by sundogz; Nov 02, 2017 at 09:03 AM. Reason: deleted posts
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2017, 11:20 AM
What a fantastic idea...why nobody else has thought of starting a thread for someone else....I have no idea.
And...hidden in that process would be the ability to close it down at anytime...!!
Somehow I feel it must be compliment but I just don't have the vanity or the need to boasting rights of the man wit the less than sunny disposition.
I always love following the exploits of a man who is a legend in his own lifetime.....
And...I can't wait to see a 13KW motor driving a pump with a stepper motor drive rated at 1.5nm....
Now that...would be a floating away moment ...
I am limited to areas to launch a kayak on the river nearby here...I guess I could just drop it off the bridge and hope for the best....next stop ,several weirs and the ocean !!

I thought maybe I could post pics of the new little jet drive that should be due soon...how nice and smooth the mouldings look and how the reversing bucket does not look like a ridicules set of misshaped ears...it's lovely cast on the shaft metal impeller...
Oct 31, 2017, 11:27 AM
PS...can I get a 'Plus' after my name to make me feel more important? and possibly highlight me in yellow?
And maybe a title ...just to make viewers think I know everything there is to know about..well,just about everything really..
But mainly to make people giggle...
Oct 31, 2017, 11:53 AM
Another thought...just before I jump into the shower....
I would be quite happy for this thread to be somewhere that members are not happy to be controlled in what they wish to post...
So...members could post whatever they wish here without recrimination....
No foul language here of course like chicken, turkey etc.
It of course would be jet boat related but the vaguest connections would be accepted...
You could even kick in with some vague reference to a hull made of say...a pumpkin skin.
And then someone could just jump in with a reference to using 3D printed drive that he has developed from scratch.....it's totally revolutionary and bears zero resemblance to any previous design....at all.
And...don't forget that it can be scaled to suit any size pumpkin..within reason of course as there are some pretty large example of pumpkins out there.
It's just a suggestion of course ...that it will not require any silly ears reversing bucket as due to its shape..it could just spin on it's own axis and jet away !!
I'm not making any claims that this idea is totally new so if someone has already made a jet driven pumpkin, I apologise and I'm not claiming to be a pumpkin boat designer in any shape or form...albeit my design would be sort of....round and resemble may other pumpkins out there in the fields.
Also....I accept that not all pumpkins want to be a a jet boat,there are many out there that are just as happy being in a pie or...hanging around with a candle in their guts...I have seen them and could...if pushed provide photographic evidence, albeit I suspect many of the pies have met their fate....the others will be needing a hefty dose of Pepto Bismal,pink seems to be the colour of choice.
Oct 31, 2017, 12:37 PM
Platinum Card Member
Last edited by sundogz; Nov 02, 2017 at 01:12 AM.
Oct 31, 2017, 02:43 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyley
PS...can I get a 'Plus' after my name to make me feel more important? .

That's a paid-for title, not something that is earned through accomplishment. It doesn't really mean much of anything to other members.

If you want one anyway, then this is where to go for details: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/rcgplus.php
Oct 31, 2017, 02:58 PM
Thanks...it was tongue in cheek.
$4.95 makes one an expert ...drill a hole here, add a bit of superglue there, post references to your own work in just about any thread you wish...yes,I checked, it happens to a level that really does become boring.
I see someone on here who has his own jet pump design and posts info and video just about anywhere and he never gets pulls on the threads he posts on !! EVER..
And,you know..I don't mind and clearly neither do a lot of others.
And the $4.95 a month and a yellow plus man of a not so sunny disposition also never mentions it either....that will be because the said drive out performs...so far, anything in the 3
3D project.
Someone here...and I can't just think who fitted an own design in a Recoil,I cant's say that I saw any performance in that mod.
Now if that Manc lad fitted one of his drives in a Recoil...I suspect we would.
Oct 31, 2017, 06:55 PM
Feck it...I still need a coupling and the local stores have ran out of pumpkins !!
Oct 31, 2017, 10:45 PM
Just Plane Nutts
PM sent.
Nov 01, 2017, 10:08 AM
Thank heavens for PM's and thank you for them....
I may...may have found a flexible coupling rated up to 18000 rpm but I may have to sleeve one end or get a smaller size and bore one end out...if I get the time I will visit the supplier next week and take a look at one as it's only an hour and a quarter drive away.
Apparently I am a 'plug and play' guy so my first question will be...."does it plug and play?"
Nov 01, 2017, 10:45 AM
Good heavens..how did I miss the post from the man with the sunny disposition....

I don't find this thread offensive at all.....just you !!

I can see why you choose the forum as a place to post all your claims and vent your frustrations on members who dare to challenge or even ask a simple question on here in a post that is 'owned' by yourself.
If you behaved like that in a local club environment or boating lake you would a. have a very flat nose and b. be very wet and very often !!!
I don't doubt you have some skills but what I don't doubt is that they fall well short of your own beliefs..
I mean...what trained and qualified engineer would think that you could scale a design by percentages and not take into that claim that....one would need to be able to find bearings that would fit those scale bearing pockets !! as well as shaft sizes!!
Or..post a link to couplings that were designed for shaft encoders and in no way capable of transmitting the power of a brushless motor capable of producing the horsepowers we were speaking of...that eye for detail is sure needing some powerful glass.
I was at a model boat club meeting for hours the other weekend and having may chats with many people...and guess what..not a single person amongst all when chatting about many subjects...and those subjects changed (as they do in the real world) a number of times and yet not one person commented on a slight deviation of subject ...or spit their dummy out.
They were all boat enthusiasts and hungry for any chat or information related to their chosen hobby.
Nobody spouted up and tried to split the group up and started laying down the law....
None claimed to be anything other than what they were....hobbyists with a common interest.
I am not an engineer....but I'm not exactly plug and play.
I have friends who are engineers..trained and qualified and not one would even dream of dream of joining a forum and lording over it...and even claim to be 'jet drive design and development' for heavens sake man, get real..it's a hobby...a toy.
Get off your high horse and smell the coffee....clearly others are/have.
I repeat....IT'S A HOBBY AND A TOY to most but clearly with you it's the only outlet or forum you can try and be a big fish in a very small pond...
Nov 01, 2017, 10:49 AM
Oh dear...I forgot, you conrtol this thread..how silly of me.
Nevermind..it's saved.
Nov 01, 2017, 08:23 PM
Has anyone has any experience using SSS motors?
I found a 56mm out runner locally for not a lot of m money with a cooling jacket...also a G10 motor/esc mount.
And....need a 200 amp plus ESC for 5 and 6s...anyone any ideas?
All comments welcome and don't be bothered about going off track a tad...lets face it..who gives a flying F*** !
Nov 01, 2017, 08:34 PM
Just Plane Nutts
One ESC possibility: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-200A-Br...IAAOSwcdRY9b3U

I've heard SSS motors are top-notch.

How did someone fit a jacket on an outrunner?
Nov 01, 2017, 08:58 PM
What a nob I am...I think the sun out there must have got to me...haha
It's an Inrunner with a water jacket...I just happened to have the MHZ page open and was looking at their Scorpion water cooled outrunners,apparently they claim to be unique to themselves...and I have not seen them anywhere elseThey are a tad spendy though (my cousin in the USA uses that terms I thought I would throw that in)
I'll take a look at that one you sent a link to, thanks