Oct 31, 2017, 11:36 PM
Very nice! What, no individual focus? Too bad, that was a nice innovation I was hoping you'd keep. I would have thought you would have found a way to add diopters for extreme cases but still have the adjust-ability of the EV100's, too bad.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2017, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGjim
The activity of surmising the features end.

The suggestion activity keeps on and once Eachine catches them, we will send you a free sample
It's very hard to suggest something when Eachine has include all you want from a goggles : HD DVR, diversity, diopters lens, antifog, lipo battery, hdmi in/out and HD video!
What I can suggest is to put a real battery holder because, when you use a lot the goggles, the battery can go away from its position and a transport bag to put googles, antennas, lipo and some space for some little tools you need.
Nov 01, 2017, 01:22 AM
Wow, those specs are pretty impressive.

Will the front cover come with blanks to fill the connector holes if you are only using a single diversity receiver?

Will it be compatible with the true-d and laforge modules? The current front cover design doesn't look like it does.

They could be a good goggle for stereoscopic 3d if you can run 2 diversity receivers.
Last edited by Jimster71; Nov 01, 2017 at 02:39 AM.
Nov 01, 2017, 01:25 AM
Just one word: "impressive" ..... The real fatshark are here.... well skyzone and aomway won't give up the fight
Nov 01, 2017, 01:26 AM
Why? Why Eachine throw out Focus correction? That was so awesome on my EV100!!! Please return back!!!

Also I d make a possibility to strap the battery on the back of the head just to have more balanced gadget )

And one more thing - front panel (removable) should have openings for TrueD/LaForge/Eachine Pro58 etc. diversity modules. Or should be just transparent!

BTW, BG, I gave a very positive feedback for EV100 at russian RC community forum. Will be very nice to have the EV200D for tests!
Last edited by MFer; Nov 01, 2017 at 01:40 AM.
Nov 01, 2017, 01:57 AM
Congrats Eachine! These are going to be bestsellers for sure!
Does anyone want to buy second hamd Fatsharks?
Nov 01, 2017, 02:05 AM
Suggestion:

I see that they will have RX modules, which is great feature. But not everyone will use two modules or modules with 2 antenna connectors. Since you did make 4 holes on the outer shell, I pull suggest you to make rubbery caps that could customer insert into these holes when unused so that the dust wont get it.
Nov 01, 2017, 02:13 AM
Feature suggestions:
- Add a mix of antennas. A cheap cloverleaf or pagoda to replace one of the linears would go a long way to ensure compatibility for everyone.
- Add an over-the-head strap. Personally I am fine without, but many people like it.
- Make the low voltage alarm adjustable. People using i.e. LiIon cells instead of LiPo can safely run the battery down much further than 6.8v.
Nov 01, 2017, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGjim
The activity of surmising the features end.

The suggestion activity keeps on and once Eachine catches them, we will send you a free sample
A couple suggestions that could be implemented on existing hardware with firmware:

An OSD for telemetry from the telemetry-supporting transmitter. Could be done through the goggles USB.

A direction-finder for lost quads. I often lose my tiny whoop in the grass, and having the RSSI on the goggles with a directional antenna, or better still, a pseudo-doppler direction finder with switched antennas (such as on the EV100) would be excellent.

See: http://www.n5dux.com/ham/files/pdf/D...n%20Finder.pdf

No new hardware needed, just firmware to switch between the antennas at an audio rate and do a phase-comparison.

Most of all, it would be great if Eachine invited us to add value to their products by open-sourcing the firmware and hardware.

I just fixed my EV100 grey-bar video with fishpepper's tantalum cap mod today. Stopped me from returning the goggles since the FOV is so much worse than the VRD2's, I'm re-learning how to fly. You love something more when you work on it and improve it; fixing problems not as much.

Of course, a low-price and coupons cover a lot of grief
Nov 01, 2017, 02:59 AM
Eachine ev200D are listed on banggood. Seems like they have done it- the fatshark killer
Nov 01, 2017, 03:03 AM
Why did you remove the focal length adjustment? Such a killer feature for all the older farts like me. This feature was the main reason for me to give the EV100 a go. With focal length adjustment the EV200D would be a no brainer for me to purchase but without I really need have the goggles reviewed and if it's working for my eyes before purchasing...
Nov 01, 2017, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasx
Why did you remove the focal length adjustment? Such a killer feature for all the older farts like me. This feature was the main reason for me to give the EV100 a go. With focal length adjustment the EV200D would be a no brainer for me to purchase but without I really need have the goggles reviewed and if it's working for my eyes before purchasing...
I know the importance of focal length adjustment ,but it is very hard to make it .
Nov 01, 2017, 03:15 AM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Just one word: "impressive" ..... The real fatshark are here.... well skyzone and aomway won't give up the fight
well maybe, maybe not. such was anticipated with the 720p topsky F7X which turned out to be total duds. Seems the goggles makers have a heck of a time trying to bring us the holy grail of 720p dual-screen goggles with wider FOV.

remains to be seen if these ones are great or if they are duds

Fatshark is still the premier goggle maker today. I have high hopes for their new 720p goggles
Nov 01, 2017, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
well maybe, maybe not. such was anticipated with the 720p topsky F7X which turned out to be total duds. Seems the goggles makers have a heck of a time trying to bring us the holy grail of 720p dual-screen goggles with wider FOV.

remains to be seen if these ones are great or if they are duds
Yes,you are right ,so just wait for the review.
Nov 01, 2017, 03:21 AM
The specs do look impressive now, good FOV, 2 receivers I don't think will be needed, but most open source receiver have an Oled on them and no cut-out can be seen, also the eachine receivers don't have an Oled on them so I don't know what open source firmware they can use, the high resolution is good but pointless for analog Fpv, on hdmi you will have some lag and need to use an external receiver. They may be a fatshark killer, remains to be seen and tested, but also at a fatshark price, with only the higher resolution going for them.

Quick Reply