Aug 06, 2019, 12:55 AM
I did some more tests today in another spot. It turned out that rapidfire (Mode 1) performs significantly better than stock modules with the same antennas (matched directional). I'll post a DVR later.

Update: DVR is here:
Eachine EV200D and RapidFire test (1 min 7 sec)

The first part is EV200D with RapidFire (Mode 1) and two directional antennas. The second part is EV200D with stock module and the same antennas. Obviously rapidfire is better. The video with stock modules was so bad so I crashed in mud bloody hell. Also as you may see from the second part, there are lots of frame drops in DVR. So yeah, rapidfire also fixes DVR.
Last edited by voland; Aug 06, 2019 at 01:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2019, 01:20 PM
Hello All.
Ive been a bit of an idiot. While making a switch to go on my goggles (rather than pulling the battery lead each time) ive managed to blow the DC in on my EV200D. I stupidly wired my switch backwards and didnt test it before plugging in a battery. there was a little pop and a tiny puff of smoke.
Thankfully they still power via USB so are not dead, but i want to fix them. Ive opened them up and cant see any obvious bits blown.
Any idea on what ive blown, is it fixable and where do i get parts?

Cheers
Aug 22, 2019, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldeone1978
Hello All.
Ive been a bit of an idiot. While making a switch to go on my goggles (rather than pulling the battery lead each time) ive managed to blow the DC in on my EV200D. I stupidly wired my switch backwards and didnt test it before plugging in a battery. there was a little pop and a tiny puff of smoke.
Thankfully they still power via USB so are not dead, but i want to fix them. Ive opened them up and cant see any obvious bits blown.
Any idea on what ive blown, is it fixable and where do i get parts?

Cheers
Use a continuity probe to follow the power from the jack and see where it ends. Ground one end of the probe and check the capacitors. Only one end should be grounded. If both sides beep then you've got a short somewhere.
Aug 22, 2019, 05:03 PM
Hello, how is this googles Ev200d? are they good as far as reliability I know it has been a while they came out.
Aug 22, 2019, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietnow
Hello, how is this googles Ev200d? are they good as far as reliability I know it has been a while they came out.
I am still loving mine after about a year and a half. Quadversity is awesome- I always fly with 3 or 4 antenna. My original pair did have a problem with the DVR- but now I am pretty sure it was due to a bad card. Bangood was great though and sent me a second pair for $50 to compensate. Now I have two pair. The original still works great, just doesn't record. The replacement pair still work fine, no issues at all. Image quality in the goggles is spectacular with a good camera. I use runcam Eagles in all my quads.
Aug 22, 2019, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_NY
I am still loving mine after about a year and a half. Quadversity is awesome- I always fly with 3 or 4 antenna. My original pair did have a problem with the DVR- but now I am pretty sure it was due to a bad card. Bangood was great though and sent me a second pair for $50 to compensate. Now I have two pair. The original still works great, just doesn't record. The replacement pair still work fine, no issues at all. Image quality in the goggles is spectacular with a good camera. I use runcam Eagles in all my quads.
thanks for the info. Do they have hdmi input?
Aug 23, 2019, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietnow
thanks for the info. Do they have hdmi input?

Yes they do. I`m also loving them. One of my best buys for FPV...
Aug 24, 2019, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sibi_
Yes they do. I`m also loving them. One of my best buys for FPV...
Yep agree!

I feel like the quadversity feature really got overlooked by most reviewers. Joshua Bardwell touched on it in one of his early reviews but didn't really spend much time figuring it out and how to really deploy it. Most reviewers I see just compare one of the EV200D receiver modules with omni directional antenna against another goggle or receiver type.

Here is one example of what I do at the practice track I have set up near my house. The park is about two blocks long by one wide and I cover the whole thing. On one end, I have dense trees and bushes that I fly around and weave through. Point a panel antenna that way. On the other end, I twist through some trees but where I sit the view is blocked by a lot of smaller trees and bushes. Point a panel antenna that way. I fly from inside a wooden pagoda structure which is surrounded by bushes. One part of the track goes behind me, the other in front of me. In front of me, I wind through a narrow clearing but it is on the other side of a hill which is also covered by trees and bushes. Point a panel antenna that way. Then an omni directional antenna completes the coverage of the area behind me that is pretty much open.

I used to fly this course with a diversity receiver and had to really deal with some snowy almost unflyable moments on a couple parts of the course. A little scary as occasionally I would be startled to see a dog walker appear from nowhere out of the "snow" in front of me! I couldn't even fly from inside the nice shady pagoda so had to bring a chair and pick my spot based on best antenna reception. Now I fly the entire course with a solid clear picture from inside my comfy pagoda haha!

I keep a couple 45 and 90 degree antenna connectors in my goggle case so I can tailor them to wherever I am flying. Takes only a few minutes to set up at the field with the finger tightened antenna grips.

Anybody else working with all 4 antenna in this way?
Aug 24, 2019, 10:44 AM
Always all 4 antennas. People ask me if the video is an onboard recording bc of the clarity of the video
Aug 27, 2019, 08:06 AM
Why hasn't the EV300D come out yet!!!!
Aug 27, 2019, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWang1988
Because DJI was so scared of it that they politely asked them to wait a bit.
Sep 14, 2019, 11:01 AM
I'm man like flight as a bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWang1988
Because EV200D is the best !
Sep 15, 2019, 01:00 AM
I usually just fly with one module in now to save battery power, but recently got myself an R9M module and some R9MM long range receivers, and wanted to try longer range.

My range was not much better with two modules in, 2 omnis and 2 triple feed patches.

When I took off I was on channel A7 but when I got back the picture was all over the place, and i got my picture back on channel A6

When I unplugged the second module (right hand side) and went back to one module (in left bay) - my picture was back to channel A7

It appears as though the 2 modules were trying to use different frequencies :
left on A7 and right on A6

Anybody else had weirdness like this happen?

Also - did anybody find a way to stop the goggle DVR dropping frames or losing audio sync? Cos my DVR footage is garbage
Last edited by ptwenty; Sep 15, 2019 at 01:48 PM.
Sep 15, 2019, 09:40 AM
Fan of microElectroRfIT
@ptwenty can you post some DVR, so we can compare !

.. i also use 1RX on leftside .. reason being that i had issues with dual diversity in the beginning and anyway i dont do bando's.
Sep 17, 2019, 05:53 PM

Black screen

Hi to all

I have this goggle now for 1 year and have used it not more than 30 times.

From the beginning I have a bad battery that is not working. At the first time of use I only get 15 minutes of use time after that it was not more than 5 minutes. Banggood has stretched the time and wasn't helpful at al. i was very disappointed about this. I have used the micro USB plug meanwhile.

But now I have a bigger problem it's not working anymore. I get a black screen. I can hear the ventilation but that is all. I have contacted banggood and what they say is after heavy use it get damaged and because it's over time of warranty they can't do anything.

So my total flight time is not more than 2 hours.
I can't say that I am happy with my purchase and I don't know what to do with this.

Anyone know what the problem could be.
If I switch the receiver's could it be working than???

My experience with eachine is a disaster.
Last edited by Ak2407h6; Yesterday at 02:44 PM.

Quick Reply