Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 08, 2018, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by day o
I use a male to female extension. If I were going to crack open the case, I'd desolder the furious power wires, and solder extensions between the two ends.

yeah I cracked a bit of the case... lol

There's two main screws hidden behind the big sticker on the top end of each corner closest to the display.

I looked inside, I think the chip is jammed into the slow so very hard to get out making desoldering quite hard, best bet is just to cut the wiring and solder in a longer wire, alternatively like what you said get an extension cable, reason why I didn't go that rout is the right angle connector on the furiousFPV, that will go into a straight connector... just the look and feel...

eitherway, it definitely going to run longer than the stock battery.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2018, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo8aiv
hi. yes well the video was to show the issue i have with the hdmi.
the test itself it pretty straight forward :
- use a 5V/2A supply - power googles via micro usb
- play or whatever you want to do for 1h and see if they shutdown during operation (they should be completley off) - on my amp meter i didnt see any current draw so i assume/hope it is a thermal protection. after this event i replugged the usb and they started working again.

also noticed one good thing today:
- both receivers power is cut while using any other video input (hdmi or av in)
- measuring power consumption with both RX it was up to 1.6A at 5V = arround min 8W also reported by someone else here.

- dvr related test : using NTSC set cameras - RLOC set to AUTO or NTSC (tested a micro and a 5 inch)
- if quad (vtx) is powered first and after googles dvr will record PAL 30fps
- if googles is powered first and after quad (vtx) dvr will record NTSC 30fps
this must be a bug, but dont really bother me as long as it records properly. eachine prodvr is/was opposite as in 1vtx-2dvr.

starting to think they should have made a template for color controls used to each input hdmi-fpv-avin -dvr dont think would have bee too complicated. then all this nonsense with overexposure would not exist.

my next test will be with a 3S LiIon pack. i will post results also here
After a painful hour and a half combo of Star Wars The Force Awakens in 3D and Johnny FPV videos from youtube, my goggles are going fine. No pink video. No thermal shutdown.

Video path - Macbook pro displayport to a displayport-to-hdmi cable to hdmi gender changer to eachine ev200d mini hdmi cable into the goggles.

Power source - Aukey 2.4A USB wall socket.

Couple of notes:
1) the hdmi image was pretty freakin fantastic, however, the frequent dark scenes in movies brought out the reflection thing that one of the very early youtube reviewers brought up. It's a mirror image of something so it's almost as if the lcos screen image is reflecting off of the back of the lens, and then off of the surface of the lcos screen, and then off of something else. Or perhaps the screen image reflecting off the top or bottom of the lcos housing. I have no other way to explain it. It's very subtle though, and only noticeable when theres a bright object against a mostly dark scene. Outdoor fpv won't notice it. Indoor might, unless you fly like Nick Burns in which case you wont have time to notice it :P

2) my goggles wouldn't power up with a 2A USB charger. I had to use a 2.4A one which did the trick.

3) macOS handled auto scaling display output to the goggles just fine. I mostly followed the eachine directions except there was no need to set my output resolution first. As soon as the powered goggles that are in HDMI mode are plugged into the miniHDMI, macOS auto scaled to 720p.

4) someone else mentioned not being able to read text from a computer screen. I could read just fine, but the resolution started to degrade at about the 80% distance to the edges of the screen from the center. It was still readable for me though.

Haven't bothered with more dvr tests yet.
Latest blog entry: 6000mAh lipo for my Taranis QX7
Oct 09, 2018, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiffles
I wouldn't risk it. I know a few folks tried to remove dust from the Topsky F7Xs and they ruined the display module. Those need to be serviced in a very controlled environment. I would record a video of it and contact Banggood for a return.

They are offering me 5% coupon or 1500 BG points...

I think i have to open up a Paypal Ticket.
Oct 09, 2018, 06:43 AM
These googles I think needs to be used with bigger care. Avoid dusts, check heating, no reverse polarity, 3S battery max recomended, software created by both left hand programmers.
Eachine could make these googles gamechangers with these minor issues fixed. So much time passed from first appearance and looks like they were concentrated only at picture image quality, which is really amasing, but other things were forgotten.
Has anyone received reply from eachine support? No need to post if not.
Oct 09, 2018, 09:16 AM
I just noticed that eachine editted the user manual provided on the banggood site. They took out the "DC-In (2S~5S) thats in the hardcopy under Ports.
Latest blog entry: 6000mAh lipo for my Taranis QX7
Oct 09, 2018, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by day o
I just noticed that eachine editted the user manual provided on the banggood site. They took out the "DC-In (2S~5S) thats in the hardcopy under Ports.
Pretty sure it was never in that version on Banggood site. I downloaded it there a couple months ago and that version doesn't say anything about 2S-5S at least. It was only when someone pointed out the printed version listed it that I gave it a try with 4S. Working great for me.
Oct 09, 2018, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vytasu
Received that from EACINE facebook

It is like ping-pong..
Last edited by sergpomelov; Oct 10, 2018 at 04:02 AM.
Oct 09, 2018, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vytasu
These googles I think needs to be used with bigger care. Avoid dusts, check heating, no reverse polarity, 3S battery max recomended, software created by both left hand programmers.
Eachine could make these googles gamechangers with these minor issues fixed. So much time passed from first appearance and looks like they were concentrated only at picture image quality, which is really amasing, but other things were forgotten.
I would not be such negative in this regards. Some units may have some issues (as per normal to small scale production), some not. Do you think all happy users would report how happy they are? I don't think, mainly it is unhappy users with some issues report their issues.
Oct 09, 2018, 03:38 PM
Actually, I'm happy with myne)) hdmi is ok (liftoff and freerider, 3d mode and so on), dvr also, esp. with my new NTSC cams... The picture is clear, 3s, 4s works perfect... Didn't match any super overheat with myne, no color changing, fan is not so loudy as many people can think anout it, shipment is also Ok, and why should we all read that "O!! I has got myne shipped 2 days ago but I don't have my track nomber yet!!! Is it OK?? Damn, I'v been whaiting for a 6 month and asked to shipp before they came into store for not to get autorefund!!! And they finaly arrived in sept and ALIE was perfect in that logistics, and I was, and I am very happy also!! BUT
But why not to fix... And not to support properly...

- Doctor, they are ignoring me!!!
- Next one, please...

So, YES, you are right!!!
Last edited by sergpomelov; Oct 09, 2018 at 03:59 PM.
Oct 10, 2018, 12:04 AM
Since I have to swap my powercable in my fatshark battery case I thought I'd install a diode in it to secure it from putting magic smoke into my goggles. Would that work?

Anyone knows what diode would be suitable?
Oct 10, 2018, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotux
According to the learning principle: No Pain, No Gain it is now proved that the Eachine EV200D has no fuse against reversed polarity.

Just one moment of not paying attention and I put the 18650 Li-Ion batteries reversed into the FatShark battery holder. Result: Black smoke came out and now it is dead. :-(

Is anyone aware of a replacement of the mainboard?

Flotux, please check your PM.
Oct 10, 2018, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voland
I would not be such negative in this regards. Some units may have some issues (as per normal to small scale production), some not. Do you think all happy users would report how happy they are? I don't think, mainly it is unhappy users with some issues report their issues.
We can see many happy users here, but this product is quite new and needs to be tested more. First impression is really good about ev200d.
I think Eachine are not interested in product support and development. Like most chinese companies they are interested in making new fast production. Most people waited for ev200d to receive more than 2 months after order. Company who cares about product listen, answer and support it.
After one year use of Eachine VR D2, image sometimes freeze and I can't trust it anymore, I had to change. I really hope ev200d would not fail after year of usage. I think Eachine has no plans to make ev200d long term product, but will make another ev300d ev400d model instead.
Oct 10, 2018, 04:06 AM
Fan of microElectroRfIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomus
Since I have to swap my powercable in my fatshark battery case I thought I'd install a diode in it to secure it from putting magic smoke into my goggles. Would that work?

Anyone knows what diode would be suitable?
hi.
i recommend this type of reverse polarity protection, (no voltage drop) not too complicated and very useful.
if not you can use a 2 - 5A sckotty diode should do fine.
and here a good video explaining.
Last edited by yo8aiv; Oct 10, 2018 at 05:40 AM.
Oct 10, 2018, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo8aiv
hi.
i recommend this type of reverse polarity protection, (no voltage drop) not too complicated and very useful.
if not you can use a 2 - 5A sckotty diode should do fine.
and here a good video explaining.
Thanks!
I think you forgot the video link, perhaps it was this one?
How to protect circuits from reversed voltage polarity! (6 min 46 sec)

Slightly over my skill, I'm afraid.
And perhaps a diode is too much power loss, these goggles seems to draw a lot as it is.
Maybe I'll just mark the positive ends of the batterys as well as the + in the case with a big red pen for now
Oct 10, 2018, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomus
Slightly over my skill, I'm afraid.
And perhaps a diode is too much power loss, these goggles seems to draw a lot as it is.
Maybe I'll just mark the positive ends of the batterys as well as the + in the case with a big red pen for now
Just put 5A diode in line, it shouldn't be problem, voltage drop on diode is ~0.6V, on shottky ~0.3V, so it should work fine even with 2S. Only with 2S battery meter can show not accurate. I never tested does it detect 2s, 3s, 4s battery, to meet battery icon level. If you want zero drop, you can put fuse and diode, like in picture

Quick Reply