Looking to do new 5" build - RC Groups
Oct 30, 2017, 08:16 PM
Discussion

Looking to do new 5" build

I am upgrading from a tbs vendetta and want to do my own custom build. I have 3 in mind and wanted some opinions for which frame to purchase. I was looking at the alien, mqc fusion and the qav 210. I see a lot of people raving about the 210 but not crazy about the fact that the arms are not removable in the event of having to replace after a crash.

Can you all help me see the pros/cons of each or chime in with a different frame for mainly freestyle.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2017, 10:47 AM
The QuadFather
The alien (and it’s Martian knock off) is a well-proven, great flying frame assy. I have not used the other two, so cannot comment on them. I’ve used the Alien with several different motor types, with good results. Hard to break unless you pound it in asphalt or concrete. (Yes.. couple times). You can get specific replacement arms for it, and most of the generic eBay ones fit as well. Large user base as well, for those that haven’t bailed to the micro quad arena.
Nov 05, 2017, 09:42 PM
If you want efficiency and durability at the expense of having to tie and glue on your own tube arms, then you could try The Long Ranger: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-tubular-frame

Freestyle or race? Armattan have great freestyle frames that look and fly amazing and are lifetime warrantied. There are plenty of light race frames out there as well such as the boltrc kraken worx or the helix zx5 or a shrike frame