Spectrum Dx6i - Travel Adjustment not Symetrical? - Answered - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 30, 2017, 12:39 PM
Getting back into RC
Question

Spectrum Dx6i - Travel Adjustment not Symetrical? - Answered

Trying to set up a new airplane that has more mechanical control surface movement that ideal (looking to see what I can do to reduce that).

I started lowering the Travel Adjustment on Elevator & Ailerons with the Dx6i Travel adjustment setting and clearly as I reduce 1 direction is affected much more than the other. I think this is probably something going on with the transmitter since the travel in each direction appears about the same when travel adjustment is set to 100%.

I started from a reset model, turns out all 3 axis needed to be reversed but so far that is the only setting that is done. Using an Orange Receiver and a mix of HiTec & Spektrum Servers.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any recommendations on how to counteract it with a Dx6i?

I'm going to open a case with Spektrum as well thought there might be others that could offer me some advice.

Thanks,
Gary
Last edited by gbullman; Nov 01, 2017 at 08:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2017, 12:53 PM
I haven't used my Dx6i in a while, but I recall that the travel adjust works on both sides independently, you just have to move the stick to that side when you are adjusting it, in the center it adopts one side.

If you want to adjust both ends together then use the rates in the dual rate menu.
Oct 30, 2017, 01:03 PM
S.A.D. member
Each side of the travel is adjusted independently from the other. You need to move the stick away from center in one direction to adjust that direction travel, then move the stick in the other direction to adjust that side of the travel.

Ivan
Nov 01, 2017, 07:28 AM
Getting back into RC

Spektrum Dx6i

Will try this tonight, thanks a bunch for the insight!
Nov 01, 2017, 08:24 AM
Getting back into RC

Dx6i Travel Adjustment

Just tried the suggestion on 1 axis and it worked as described. Went back and re-read the manual, now that I know what was intended it more or less is saying to adjust this way, just wasn't obvious that was the intent the first times I read it.

Also adding some confusion is this is my Father's transmitter which I configure occasionally, much more use to my Dx7s which has a very different user interface.

All is good, now we can get this plane set up.

Thanks,