Pop up - RC Groups
Oct 30, 2017, 08:29 AM
Discussion

Pop up

This is a little off topic but I am having a problem with a “Amazon “ pop up that keeps coming up when I am on here. Only happening with RCG site. Puts me into an infinite loop and the only way to get out of it is to exit the site. Any one else having this happen?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2017, 08:45 AM
Post this on site suggestions/complaints subforum, you will find several others there with the same issue. RCG techies are working on it - they could use the url of the malicious ad, the type of device you are using (PC/laptop/tablet/phone/whatever) and your geographical location.
Oct 30, 2017, 08:56 AM
Sonoran Laser Art
Gratter, I am have the same issue using iPad. It's a survey that states Amazon is targeting customers in my town or nearby town. I clear history and cookies, but when on RCG it comes back. I'm sure it's a scam.
Oct 30, 2017, 09:06 AM
I haven't seen it yet using my ipad.
Oct 30, 2017, 01:57 PM
get ad blocker software. There are several. Others may use something different but I use AdBlock Plus https://adblockplus.org/
Oct 30, 2017, 02:19 PM
Happens on my iPad but not on my laptop.
Dick
Oct 30, 2017, 10:16 PM
Onward and upward.
Yeah, happens on mine, too. I just keep turning it off by closing out the page on my iPad. It's a real PITA!
Oct 31, 2017, 07:06 AM
Took me 3 tries this AM to read this thread due to that pop-up.

Hey Admin!
Oct 31, 2017, 07:37 AM
Mark LSF # 3792
Don't know if it will run on your device, but I use SUPERAntiSpyware on my desktop and laptop. Cleans out the tracking cookies and has fixed the dreaded system hi-jack pop-up before.
Oct 31, 2017, 08:22 AM
Heard from a moderator. Not the only one with this problem and they are working on it.
Oct 31, 2017, 02:57 PM
So THIS is what's happening eh? I've been getting the same Amazon pop up, and this is on my IPad, I was curious since the IPad is pretty much immune to spam which I thought this was. Now we know it's RcG's new owners playing around. What a shame, I hope they don't ruin this site. They are also playing with "Facebook likes" on LTUP. Keep it up new owners and many of us will leave in droves.
Nov 01, 2017, 11:56 AM
Amen to S2000’s comments. Bad business for sure
Nov 01, 2017, 12:17 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000
So THIS is what's happening eh? I've been getting the same Amazon pop up, and this is on my IPad, I was curious since the IPad is pretty much immune to spam which I thought this was. Now we know it's RcG's new owners playing around. What a shame, I hope they don't ruin this site. They are also playing with "Facebook likes" on LTUP. Keep it up new owners and many of us will leave in droves.
More likely it's somebody slipping a bad ad through the cracks. That's the usual vector for this sort of thing. Hard for the site owners to fix as they need to work with their banner ad provider to determine which ad has the bad code in it, and then block that ad.
Nov 01, 2017, 04:50 PM
jjc
jjc
Same problem here on my IPad. Earlier this summer it invaded a weather website that I use. John
Nov 08, 2017, 10:36 PM

Pop up

Finally got past the pop up. This was in the window, us.v8d7.date This thing is a pain in the