Oct 30, 2017, 02:31 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Who made this 40 size training profile from the 90's maybe 80's none balsa

Hello all I have this plane Not sure the material what made is made of for sure it's not balsa some sort of plastic kind like what uses carry their letters in. I got it with all servos for $10 dollars. Going to lube the servos fix it to where its flyable my plane. I got it due to age and the money i paid. I love old antique planes. So question is what Brand and model? And can i put in a 52 engine? Ty
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2017, 03:52 AM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
That's an Airmadillo Kombat. Most likely the .40 but there was also a .60. I think the company was called "The Airplane Factory" or something like that. The plastic is the same thing those political signs are made of. Its called Coroplast and comes in several thicknesses and colors. There's a whole genre of the sport called SPAD where the guys make the planes entirely, or at least mostly out of the stuff. One of the favorites was a 3D plane called the "Pizza Box". Do a google search on "SPAD" and be surprised. Anyway, put the .52 in it! It'll be a blast.

I had several of them. An Airmadillo Kombat .40 like yours, and Airmadillo Kombat .40 twin, and a Kombat Kopter Autogyro. The problem was if you wrecked it the square aluminum boom would crack or break which meant you needed a whole new frame and they were not cheap. I tried drilling out the rivets and replacing just the boom but back then there was no online metal order places so I had to buy an 8ft section of square. But the drilling turned into a disaster so I just bought a new frame. They did fly good though.

EDIT: For cryin' out loud the website exists - http://kombat40.50megs.com/ . I wonder if they still sell the things?

Mike
Last edited by CryHavoc; Oct 30, 2017 at 04:17 AM.

Quick Reply