Pandora - Bruckman new plane for WC in Argentina - RC Groups
Oct 29, 2017, 07:32 PM
Discussion

Pandora - Bruckman new plane for WC in Argentina

This is Gernot Bruckman new plane for the WC in Argentina starting next week.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2017, 07:35 PM
Is it considered a Triplane as I see 3 wings on it....

R
Oct 30, 2017, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imodel
Is it considered a Triplane as I see 3 wings on it....

R
Nope, T-canalizers aren't considered as a full wing
Oct 30, 2017, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydynamics
Nope, T-canalizers aren't considered as a full wing
Not normally but these puppies could hardly be considered normal T-canalizers.......
Oct 30, 2017, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Not normally but these puppies could hardly be considered normal T-canalizers.......
True too
Oct 30, 2017, 04:12 PM
"Get off the runway!"
The rudder authority on that plane must be insane.
Oct 30, 2017, 07:22 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Full flying stab
And a new Contra unit from Jeti model
Oct 30, 2017, 07:50 PM
Hope to get out of life alive
Not that I know anything but it seems to me this canalyzer "thing" is getting completely out of hand.
Oct 30, 2017, 08:25 PM
I would agree, those surfaces are to me very large and should be considered wings.

R
Oct 30, 2017, 11:05 PM
To me the airplane as a whole looks HUGE. I thought I was pushing it with the size of my new design. Could he be banking on 12s becoming legal? It was a bit of a consideration when I started drawing mine.
Oct 30, 2017, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXF3BMAN
To me the airplane as a whole looks HUGE. I thought I was pushing it with the size of my new design. Could he be banking on 12s becoming legal? It was a bit of a consideration when I started drawing mine.
Bruckman is famous for his capacity to build light and his indoor experience as well as his European champ title last year. His plane is probably sub 5000g using 10S as 12S is still not authorized if I'm not mistaken.
Impatient to see his Pandora flying, it could be the start of a new F3A flying style or just the wrong route to take; end of next week we will now ;-)
Oct 30, 2017, 11:48 PM
Very true, personally I am a fan of flying slower but I know not all judges favor slow flying. I'm looking forward to daily scores being posted at the end of each day. I feel you are correct about the amount of risk flying a big, light airplane especially E powered. I hear the region where the WC is being held is historically breezy this time of year.
Oct 31, 2017, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXF3BMAN
Very true, personally I am a fan of flying slower but I know not all judges favor slow flying. I'm looking forward to daily scores being posted at the end of each day. I feel you are correct about the amount of risk flying a big, light airplane especially E powered. I hear the region where the WC is being held is historically breezy this time of year.
2007 (last WC in Argentina) was very windy but I'm sure Gernot Bruckman knows his stuff too. I'm also a fan of slow flying. I can remember being a teenager and seeing Quique Somenzini in 1993 I Austria trying a new style that judges rejected. Hopefully judges opened their mind a bit more to new things since then. I have to say that I know for sure one that is judging this year and was judging in 1993 ;-/
Oct 31, 2017, 07:32 AM
In search of speed......
He said his Pandora was 4820gr with a 5000mah which is pretty light considering the size.

10s is still to dangerous for the F3A guys....voltage is too high on 12s.....but it’s perfectly Legal and perfectly save for the F3C guys, go figure........if something doesn’t make sense, then it was invented by the FAI
Oct 31, 2017, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy
.......if something doesn’t make sense, then it was invented by the FAI
I agree with you , CIAM (FAI Aeromodelling Commission) is absolutely missing any common sense at times

Last edited by flydynamics; Nov 01, 2017 at 10:59 AM.