Dec 27, 2017, 03:56 PM
Tim will you be bringing a muscle coupe to the AMA show for display or sale? If so which color scheme will you be showing. I am torn about which to get as they are both awesome. Thaks
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2017, 05:24 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Red 'always' flies best!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Dec 27, 2017, 09:39 PM
Ha! Red always flys better

There you go DLF124!
Dec 28, 2017, 03:57 AM
Owner/Operator at NorthWest RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaReef123
Tim will you be bringing a muscle coupe to the AMA show for display or sale? If so which color scheme will you be showing. I am torn about which to get as they are both awesome. Thaks
I'll have the red MC with floats on display at AMA but will have both in tow. I do have the blue one that was just dry fitted for display at the Tucson Shootout that was boxed up for the trip home. It DEFINITELY needs a good wipedown as I packed up and left in a hurry, otherwise it is still new and will be a great price for an "open box" deal...
Dec 31, 2017, 10:17 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim
I'll have the red MC with floats on display at AMA but will have both in tow. I do have the blue one that was just dry fitted for display at the Tucson Shootout that was boxed up for the trip home. It DEFINITELY needs a good wipedown as I packed up and left in a hurry, otherwise it is still new and will be a great price for an "open box" deal...
Has anyone noticed that when the rudder is in position that the horn restricts the amount of elevator throw? I'm assembling mine and noticed that I also got the mis-drilled wheel pants. I sent an email to Northwest but received no response. Should I try to contact Extreme Flight?
Dec 31, 2017, 05:03 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob10
Has anyone noticed that when the rudder is in position that the horn restricts the amount of elevator throw? I'm assembling mine and noticed that I also got the mis-drilled wheel pants. I sent an email to Northwest but received no response. Should I try to contact Extreme Flight?
You need to remember that this is not a 3D plane and it doesn't need massive throws for general sport flying.
Dec 31, 2017, 05:06 PM
Tim is probably out of town for the holiday, but I am sure he will respond to you. That said, remember, this plane is NOT intended to be a 3D plane, and you will probably not need a lot of throw on the elevator. How many degrees are you getting? According to page 23 of the manual, you only need 8-10░ total..

Quote:
Elevator: 8-10 degrees (really, this is all that is needed. Excess elevator throw may induce unwanted stall characteristics)
Ailerons: 15 degrees low rate, 25 degrees high rate
Rudder: 15 degrees low rate, 25 degrees high rate
Flaps: 15 degrees with 1.5 % down elevator mix
30 degrees with 2.5% down elevator mix
Dial exponential settings to personal taste.
The Muscle Coupe is a great flying Sport/Scale aircraft, but remember it is not an unlimited aerobatic or 3D model. It was intended for relaxing scale type flying and lazy barnstormer aerobatics. Just like the full scale aircraft, coordinated rudder/aileron turns are suggested. Smooth precise inputs will yield beautiful graceful maneuvers that mimic the elegant flight characteristics of these iconic aircraft of yesteryear.
And can you post a photo of the miss-drilled wheel pants?

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Dec 31, 2017, 05:22 PM
Quote:
I sent an email to Northwest but received no response. Should I try to contact Extreme Flight?
Try to cut EF, NWRC or any small time seller some slack this time of year.
They're swamped with orders, short staffed and everybody and their brother wants an answer right away.
Jan 01, 2018, 10:03 AM
Owner/Operator at NorthWest RC
Quote:
I'll be the first to say that our inbox gets PUMMELED with crap. Ads from foreign solicitors, every type of spam you can imagine, requests for tracking updates (instead of clicking the auto emails that populate when we ship), overflow from EF if someone doesn't get a reply "fast enough" from them and then actual email once in a while... It's time consuming to say the least but we do our best to sift through it and respond.

Just sent you a PM but rest assured we'll get you taken care of!
Jan 01, 2018, 11:09 AM

Mis drilled wheel pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Tim is probably out of town for the holiday, but I am sure he will respond to you. That said, remember, this plane is NOT intended to be a 3D plane, and you will probably not need a lot of throw on the elevator. How many degrees are you getting? According to page 23 of the manual, you only need 8-10░ total..

And can you post a photo of the miss-drilled wheel pants?

SteveT.
Thanks for responding to my questions...I should have looked closed at the manual where is says that 8-10 degrees of throw is all that is needed on the elevator. That said, I decided to use the shorter metal control horn that came with the servo. The longer one needed to be pointed down and was protruding below the fuse. Thanks again for all your helpful tips and suggestions.
PS- I was contacted by Tim from Northwest RC...on new year's day! Now I know why they call him Super Tim.
Jan 01, 2018, 02:14 PM
Yup!! Tim's the man!!

While I am sure Tim will take care of you, and while it is a shame the wheel pant is miss drilled, I would just put a little epoxy in the incorrect hole, and then re-drill it.

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Jan 01, 2018 at 09:46 PM.
Jan 01, 2018, 02:32 PM
Yep... what Steve said.

Happy New Year!
Jan 02, 2018, 08:56 AM

NWRC amazing customer service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
Try to cut EF, NWRC or any small time seller some slack this time of year.
They're swamped with orders, short staffed and everybody and their brother wants an answer right away.
I totally understand about this not being the time of year to expect speedy responses...but...I left a note to them on their "contact us" link a month ago. As it turned out I was contacted New Year's day by Tim. That was above and beyond good customer service as I have always received from NWRC. I didn't want Tim to have to be dealing with this over the holiday but he did anyway. I'm in New York and we have been experiencing one of the coldest winters is a long time. I'm certainly not missing any great flying weather. Sorry Tim.
Jan 02, 2018, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Yup!! Tim's the man!!

While I am sure Tim will take care of you, and while it is a shame the wheel pant is miss drilled, I would just put a little epoxy in the incorrect hole, and then re-drill it.

SteveT.
I thought about doing that but the blind nut would need to be removed because the flange is in the way of the new hole and it's fiber-glassed in there pretty good, I was contacted by NWRC and they're on it. Thank you NWRC.
My Muscle Coup is almost finished with assembly. What a beautiful aircraft. All the parts fit together with precision and the finish on the plane is stunning.
I'll be using the same radio set up that Tim uses with 3 settings, full aileron, aileron and 30% flap and just aileron...now the trick will be figuring that out on my DX8
Jan 02, 2018, 10:37 AM
Custom User Name Title
More flight videos of this beastie would be fantastic. I'm working a couple of large planes into the budget at the moment for 2018, and I'm looking to either build out a red Legacy Muscle Coupe or an e-powered H9 Valiant 10cc. It'd be great to see more on this plane as it's freaking gorgeous...

Quick Reply