DL and vector problem , BAD RX PULSEWIDTHS - RC Groups
Oct 29, 2017, 04:38 PM
Help!

DL and vector problem , BAD RX PULSEWIDTHS

I had my vector mounted in my brand new HK Bush mule along with a V2 dragonlink micro RX. Everything was working and I was getting ready to Maiden the aircraft. For some reason I thought it'd be interesting to check the firmware on a dragon link receiver. I did nothing more than hook up the micro USB port to the laptop and open up software and something went wrong and now I cannot get my flight controls to be recognized on the vector. I get a flashing red LED on the vector itself and on the OSD it displays the error bad RX pulse-widths. Funny thing is when I connect the servos directly to the receiver I can move the servos. But when I try to use the Vector software with the channel mapping wizard I cannot get it to recognize the channels. I am using PPM by the way. When I'm using the software I can get only to identifying the mode switch and it stops right there because it could not recognize the mode switch. I wish I had another dragonlink V2 receiver to try out but I do not have one. So what do you guys think? Is it the vector that's got a problem or do you think it's the receiver?

I'd be ever so grateful if somebody could share any ideas or possibly fixes for this problem.

Thank you ahead of time, Dave
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2017, 07:33 AM
If your servos move ok (servos use PWM signl) when connected directly to the receiver then you are not using PPM signal.
If the system was working ok before you connected the USB to the DragonLink and now its not, then the problem is probably in the Dragonlink.
Check the DL Rx hasn't defaulted to PWM output when you connected the USB and make sure it is set to PPM output.
Even better would be to set it to Output S.Bus
Make the change also to the Vector for S.Bus and re-run the Receiver Analysis wizard.
Geoff
Oct 30, 2017, 09:12 AM
Thank you thank you Geoff! This is just driving me crazy and I'm at my wit's end. I want to play with my toy and it doesn't want to play with me. Lol! Dragonlink support is really diminished and I can't really get any direction from them so any little help is great. Thank you again so much.