Control Line racing competition action from the BMFA Power Nationals - RC Groups
Oct 29, 2017, 12:51 PM
DominicM
Video

Control Line racing competition action from the BMFA Power Nationals

Always great to see control line racing at the 'Nats'. I don't get to see it anywhere else.

CONTROL LINE COMPETITION RACING (BMFA NATS 2017) [*UltraHD / 4K*] (6 min 39 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2017, 07:07 PM
Great video!

I guess that the British Nats would still be the greatest control line event in the world?
Oct 29, 2017, 11:34 PM
Arguably the world champs every other year. It is only FAI stuff though. The guys in the video pic sure don't look happy at that moment.
Oct 30, 2017, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed
Arguably the world champs every other year. It is only FAI stuff though. The guys in the video pic sure don't look happy at that moment.
Some older chaps there trying very hard. The British Nats still run all the Team Racing classes, B Class, Vintage B, Barton B (?), Vintage A, Classic FAI, 1/2A (?) and Vintage 1/2A. Then there's Goodyear, 1/2A, British Goodyear and Open. Possibly the US Nats is bigger but not as broad in scope.
Oct 30, 2017, 10:44 AM
The US nats don't have any vintage classes that I am aware of. I missed a few years now. I planned this year but something came up. I think most guys in control line are old chaps or old farts depending on which country you are in. Stunt seems popular in this area, and maybe combat, but not much else. I wonder what happens in the eastern block. Probably just FAI?
Oct 30, 2017, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed
...The guys in the video pic sure don't look happy at that moment.
It is racing. Things get intense. I've understood that it can be physically demanding too, especially in the fast classes.
Oct 30, 2017, 02:04 PM
I get dizzy at the first pit stop, and am exhausted and puffing like crazy at the end of 80 laps with the LA .25 / Foxberg racing. Team race is much faster. The reason I stopped FAI speed is because I could not keep up with the plane in the pylon. Just flying normal was no problem. I was much younger then. Hey that was in England too. 1978 Woodvale. Have not done much interesting since, really.