Nitro Pick up - RC Groups
Oct 29, 2017, 12:09 PM
Question

Nitro Pick up

I'm almost done with my SPAD. Well, really I am done, but I can't get the fuel to the carb on this 51magnum motor. I can prime the carb with fuel and the motor runs, till it runs out of fuel. When I take the carb line off the motor and try to start it, no fuel comes out.

I have a 3 line fuel system. Filler, Pressure, and Carb.

I can blow through the pressure line, and blow fuel out the carb line with no problem.

I can plug 2 of the 3 lines and blow till I turn purple which I've done like 6 times, and I can't get air in, so I'm thinking, OK, no leaks.

Any ideas? What else should I look for?

Edit: Well I put in a new stopper with a 2 line system. Still the motor will not pull up fuel to the carb, but I can remove the pressure line from the muffler, and blow fuel through the carb line.. I'm going to remove the head and make sure it's seated well.

Sheeeeeesh
Last edited by SayCheeze; Oct 29, 2017 at 12:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2017, 01:24 PM
Is the needle valve open enough to allow fuel to the carb ??? ENJOY !!! RED
Oct 29, 2017, 01:30 PM
Hi Red... Just checked the needle valve. It was shut completely. I must have shut it when I pulled the motor apart to clean it, from when it nosed into a bean field last year. The motor had all kind of dirt in it.

The HSN was completely closed. I've opened her up 3.5 turns. Maybe that will work.

Stay tuned
Oct 29, 2017, 06:40 PM
That fixed it, now to tune it. Thanks
Oct 30, 2017, 02:57 PM
Have a great flight !!!! Red
Oct 31, 2017, 10:28 PM
Always start with the most simple stuff before you start pulling things apart.
Nov 15, 2017, 08:22 AM
Well, it flys...

For what ever reason though, I cannot for the life of me run the motor at factory settings with regard to needle valve settings. I actually had to turn the motor upside down, because the fuel tank was a bit lower than the carb intake opening.

I haven't had a chance yet to fly it much and tune the motor, but it flys...

It's Alive ! It's Alive !