What does your hobby room/workshop look like? - RC Groups
Oct 29, 2017, 02:30 AM
as much as I can
Discussion

What does your hobby room/workshop look like?

Here's a rare picture of part of my hobby room. A few helis are out of frame, a Gaui X4 II, Align 450 Sport and a Goblin 420. A Gartt 450L is also hiding behind the 700E DFC and 550E 3G. I also have 5 planes and the glider in the picture collecting cobwebs (literally). All are flyable. It's an addiction, I know.

My workshop lacks a sit down work bench, so I normally end up building on the family room table.

My other hobby is restoring pinball machines. I currently have two others, a limited edition Lord of the Rings (I live in New Zealand, so I had to have this one), and a fully restored Twilight Zone.

So what does your hobby room look like and what other hobbies do you have?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2017, 06:28 PM
crap
Oct 29, 2017, 06:41 PM
shouldve been playin starcraft
More like hobby corner when i was 15-19 i used to keep birdeaters and scorps, had like 20 species, now dont have enough space for them so i have only one that reminds me of my ex-hobby, maybe one day i will re-establish my collection :P
Last edited by sylo; Oct 29, 2017 at 06:46 PM.
Oct 30, 2017, 04:18 AM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by icanflyheli
crap
I'm not sure how to take this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylo
More like hobby corner when i was 15-19 i used to keep birdeaters and scorps, had like 20 species, now dont have enough space for them so i have only one that reminds me of my ex-hobby, maybe one day i will re-establish my collection :P
Nice hobby corner with everything in reach and a good mix of heli's and quads. I need one like that.

Your other hobby is an interesting one. Not one you would want to have in New Zealand, as nothing like that can be brought in. I love large spiders. That Chilean Rose is very nice specimen.
Oct 30, 2017, 08:37 AM
Heligamist
I also have some pinball machines I've restored (old hobby). I down to three right now from six. One has kinda become a heli hangar most of the time. I also have a couple of slot machines. The Medusa was one of the very first that talked and implemented "zipper flippers up top".
Last edited by BrokeDad; Oct 31, 2017 at 11:36 AM.
Oct 30, 2017, 09:23 AM
Product Manager at Hobbico
Wife never goes to the basement, so it's all mine!helis, quads, and airplanes

RC Digs: Gary Wright (6 min 12 sec)
Latest blog entry: blog
Oct 30, 2017, 10:13 AM
very messy, fun.
Oct 30, 2017, 11:03 AM
Destroyer of Threads
Hehe, his shop looks like a hospital compared to mine.

Weird that I have exactly the same shelving brackets.

You can never have enough pegboard.
Oct 30, 2017, 11:20 AM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
My workshop looks like a disaster area...

At any given time, there are parts from helicopters, toy trains, antique phonographs, Ford V-8 parts, model airplanes, etc. strewn liberally across the workbench.

Over the last two decades, three expeditions have attempted to reach the far end of the garage-none has returned...
Oct 30, 2017, 09:15 PM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
I also have some pinball machines I've restored (old hobby). I down to three right now from six. One has kinda become a heli hangar most of the time. I also have a couple of slot machines. The Medusa was one of the very first that talked and implemented "zipper flippers up top".
Cool! And we've both found them useful as a heli hanger.
Oct 30, 2017, 09:25 PM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRIGHT
Wife never goes to the basement, so it's all mine!helis, quads, and airplanes
Impressive workshop, Gary. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
Hehe, his shop looks like a hospital compared to mine.

Weird that I have exactly the same shelving brackets.

You can never have enough pegboard.
Definitely looks like a hospital compared to mine, as well. I started off with a box for each pinball machine, each model, servos, motors, esc's, but it just grew out of control. The for sorting box is now two full boxes.
Oct 30, 2017, 09:27 PM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah clem
my workshop looks like a disaster area...

At any given time, there are parts from helicopters, toy trains, antique phonographs, ford v-8 parts, model airplanes, etc. Strewn liberally across the workbench.

Over the last two decades, three expeditions have attempted to reach the far end of the garage-none has returned...
Lol!
Oct 31, 2017, 12:56 PM
Lord of the Strings
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying
..I currently have two others, a limited edition Lord of the Rings (I live in New Zealand, so I had to have this one), and a fully restored Twilight Zone.
You have a limited edition Lord of the Rings ? Sweet!

My workshop is a mess with storage of all sorts.. not much of a workshop.

I also play guitar, like helis, you cant have to many.
Oct 31, 2017, 01:38 PM
Bro, it is Christmas season!
Mine looks very crap. I even sleep with four Lipo packs on my bed. I make sure I don't disturb them when I turn around.
Oct 31, 2017, 03:22 PM
Excellence is Expected
something like this

hanger however is in a different room

and of course supplement work area
Last edited by MakMov; Oct 31, 2017 at 03:41 PM.