Power Box Mercury vs Cortex - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 29, 2017, 12:00 AM
Discussion

Power Box Mercury vs Cortex

OK Guys.. I dont know if this is appropriate place.. But here I go..

I have 4 different PB Mercuries and consider myself "knowledgable" (not an expert to avoid criticism) and I have a bunch of guys telling me that the Demon Cortex is a superior gyro.. Opinions with some facts to back them up anyone? Or is this a VERY subjective question??

Thanks in advance
Chris
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2017, 11:04 PM
The only way to know is to try a Cortex Pro in one of your airplanes. Call me if you wish to do this.

Danny
407-687-3125
Oct 30, 2017, 11:04 AM
KingtechUSA
For me I love the cortex.

I have flown 2 planes with both.

Yellow F22 Started with the powerbox 3E and it flew like complete crap with it. After trying to get it flying right for 8 flights I gave up. One flight with a cortex it was dialed in and perfect.

Since I was not sure if the problem was just a bad gyro on the F22 I gave them another try on a BVM F16. Flown with a cortex already the powerbox guys installed a 3E and while it flies pretty good with it I still love the cortex.

Its a pilot preference. All my friends I talk too some like the PB stuff and some prefer the cortex. Its all about what you like. For me the PB gyros are to intrusive.

Quick Reply