Leave on charger after blue light goes off ??? - RC Groups
Oct 28, 2017, 03:33 PM
Marion
Question

Leave on charger after blue light goes off ???

Yes, I searched -- data overload!!! Sooo... Is it OK to leave the DX9 on the charger for long periods of time after the blue light goes off?

TIA

Marion
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2017, 03:36 PM
Nobody is going to tell you to overcharge your LiPo.

There will be a very tiny trickle current going into the battery.

When the light goes out, unplug it. Don't go into panic mode if you miss a little bit.

Lithium cells are nothing to be cavalier about, but they aren't nitroglycerine looking for an excuse to explode, either.

Andy
Oct 29, 2017, 10:46 AM
Marion
Thanks for clearing that up Andy.
For long period storage, I typically have a 24 hour timer to supply 124 VAC to the charger "wall wart" for about an hour each day. That works very well for maintaining NiMH batteries. And was considering doing the same for the DX9 charging. Probably not at all necessary, of course with the Lithium Ion cells.
Oct 29, 2017, 02:37 PM
Not necessary. They hold charge very well. Charge today and it's good for months.

Andy