Another Bird Strike - RC Groups
Oct 28, 2017, 11:07 AM
Discussion

Another Bird Strike

People are going to DIE!!! We have to do something right now! I call for bird registration and a 5 miles bird-free radius around every airport.

Where are my safety Nazis to back me up!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/thunder...135159833.html
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2017, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyshark01
People are going to DIE!!! We have to do something right now! I call for bird registration and a 5 miles bird-free radius around every airport.

Hey at least when a bird hits a plane, it most likely will loose its life and its days as a threat are over.

When you hit one with your drone you will scramble and collect your stuff as fast as you can and run away to hide in your basement and hope and pray no one ever finds out it was you who did it.

Then wait a few months till all the smoke clears and then go right out and do that same thing all over again.
Oct 28, 2017, 12:32 PM
Quote:

Never cause a fatality, huh?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_strike

RStrowe
Oct 28, 2017, 12:41 PM
I miss President Reagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStrowe
Never cause a fatality, huh?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_strike

RStrowe
Had a neighbor many years ago who was taken off the back of his Honda CB750 Motocycle by a June Bug. He caught it right between the eyes at 70mph. Full leathers saved his butt, literally.
Oct 28, 2017, 12:45 PM
I miss President Reagan
Quote:

Just curious, do you use seatbelts?
Oct 28, 2017, 12:59 PM
Or you hit a plane with your drone and you brag to all your friends gaining "street cred" until the time that the FAA hunts you down, spends tens of millions of dollars prosecuting you and hits you with a $250,000.00 fine that you can't pay anyway so you figure you might as well take out some more planes since you really don't have anything to lose at that point!
Oct 28, 2017, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK001
Just curious, do you use seatbelts?
Not by choice. I'm forced to by the government.
Oct 28, 2017, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Should try taking it off and plowing into something at about 80 and see who's choice was the right one.
Last edited by WBFAir; Oct 28, 2017 at 01:12 PM.
Oct 28, 2017, 01:36 PM
Gene Simmons for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK001
Had a neighbor many years ago who was taken off the back of his Honda CB750 Motocycle by a June Bug. He caught it right between the eyes at 70mph. Full leathers saved his butt, literally.
I can see that happening.
I got hit smack dab in the middle of my forehead by a junebug going about 35 riding a dirtbike, have worn a helmet ever since.No helmet law here but there should be one.Actually they should take IQ tests before handing out motorcycle licensees, that should get 80% of them off the road.

Been wearing seat belts before it was law. Merritt Parkway, rush hour,bumper to bumper at 75 mph in the rain will convince intelligent people to belt up.

Back to the bird strike, looks like it hit a frozen turkey...

The US Federal Aviation Administration has a unique device for testing the strength of windshields on airplanes. The device is a gun that launches a dead turkey at a plane’s windshield at approximately the speed the plane flies.

The theory is that if the windshield doesn’t crack from the carcass impact, it’ll survive a real collision with a bird during flight.

It seems the British were very interested in this and wanted to test a windshield on a brand new, speedy locomotive they’re developing.

They borrowed FAA’s turkey launcher, loaded the turkey and fired.

The ballistic turkey shattered the windshield, broke the engineer’s chair and embedded itself in the back wall of the engine’s cab. The British were stunned and asked the FAA to recheck the test to see if everything was done correctly.

The FAA reviewed the test thoroughly and had one recommendation:

“Use a thawed turkey”
Oct 28, 2017, 02:19 PM
I miss President Reagan
Quote:
Hmmm. Not surprised. While I oppose being required to use them, I applaud their use. Ditto for motorcycle helmets and other safety devices.
Oct 28, 2017, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir
Should try taking it off and plowing into something at about 80 and see who's choice was the right one.
Chance of being killed from obesity: 1 in 552 Government gives people free junk food

Chance of being killed from a car accident: 1 in 30,000: Government forces people to wear seatbelts, pay thousands for air bags and other unecessary safety equipment, prohibits cars from being purchased or imported, etc.

Chance of being killed in an airplane by a bird strike: 1 in 15,000,000: Government pretends it's not happening

Chance of being killed in an airplane by a drone strike: 1 in 300,000,000,000 Government goes nuts forcing registration, insane fines and jail time for flying above 400 ft.

I can see the problem here, how bout you?
Oct 28, 2017, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Chance of being killed from obesity: 1 in 552 Government gives people free junk food

Chance of being killed from a car accident: 1 in 30,000: Government forces people to wear seatbelts, pay thousands for air bags and other unecessary safety equipment, prohibits cars from being purchased or imported, etc.

Chance of being killed in an airplane by a bird strike: 1 in 15,000,000: Government pretends it's not happening

Chance of being killed in an airplane by a drone strike: 1 in 300,000,000,000 Government goes nuts forcing registration, insane fines and jail time for flying above 400 ft.

Refusing to answer the question as you know you're wrong...thats the problem.
Oct 28, 2017, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir
Refusing to answer the question as you know you're wrong...thats the problem.
Actually, the question isn't valid because I wouldn't drive into a stationary object in the first place.
Oct 28, 2017, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Actually, the question isn't valid because I wouldn't drive into a stationary object in the first place.
Humor me.
Oct 28, 2017, 04:31 PM
I miss President Reagan
Quote:

I'll bet you're one of those guys who flies whenever and however he wants. With a total disregard for anyone else who might be in the air. Let them watch out for themselves and get out of your way! Right?