Oct 28, 2017, 08:00 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Cargo trailer

So I bought a used 7 x 12 cargo trailer last year. Just getting around to registering it and canít find the certificate of origin. The seller moved and I canít get in contact with, so Iím kinda stuck. All I have is the bill of sale, which isnít enough in NY to register. Any one have any ideas?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2017, 06:47 PM
You will need to find the previous owner, and hope they help you out. Otherwise you are up to a real challenge. People are usually easy to find, especially if you know the city they moved to. Try here https://www.familytreenow.com/
Last edited by Roto Rob; Oct 28, 2017 at 06:58 PM.
Oct 29, 2017, 08:52 AM
Thread OP
I still have his email and phone number, but he no longer responds. I may have to get creative and try to register it as homebuilt
Oct 29, 2017, 10:22 AM
For homebuilt you will need receipts for all the parts. They see enough trailers they will probably know the manufacturer.

The abandoned trailer route is possible. However the police are likely to take it even with your bill of sale.

Quick Reply