AS3X with DX6i flaperon programming - RC Groups
Oct 28, 2017, 07:56 AM
Discussion

AS3X with DX6i flaperon programming

Does anyone know how to setup the DX6i and a Spektrum AS3X Rx for flaperons (ailerons that also function as flaps, one servo on each wing). The AS3X programming app is working correctly so far with my phone, it says to setup the transmitter for 1 aileron/1 flap, but this isn't a setting on the DX6i. I've tried activating/inhibiting the dual aileron feature in the wing/tail mix menu on the transmitter, no luck either way.

Thanks for your help.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2017, 09:51 AM
The default setting on a DX6i has the flaps on AUX1, which is exactly what you want.

Just use the default model and you'll be fine.

Andy
Oct 28, 2017, 03:33 PM
Thanks Andy, do you mean the default model on the app or on the transmitter?
Oct 28, 2017, 03:36 PM
Default in the transmitter.
Oct 28, 2017, 07:30 PM
No luck no matter what I do. Yesterday evening when I initially connected the AR636 to the app I could reverse the elevator and rudder servos and adjust the sub trims through the app, today I can't even do that, let alone get the ailerons to work. The circular arrow connection icon in the upper right corner just keeps spinning and spinning.

I bought this Rx from my LHS a few months ago, I with I had kept the receipt, I would have attempted to return it to them. Even though I doubt they would take back used electronic items, they might have since I'm a very regular customer there. Between the useless Rx and the programming cable I guess I'll chalk this up to being a ~ $100 lesson in frustration.

Between this and last week I had a AR400 suddenly stop working in one of my favorite models (thank goodness it was found out on the ground), Spektrum as a whole has gone down several points in my eyes recently.
Oct 28, 2017, 08:01 PM
Are you using the PC Programmer or one of the mobile apps? I only use the PC one.

Andy