Hitec ePowerBox 30A - RC Groups
Oct 28, 2017, 06:33 AM
MaineFlyer
Discussion

Hitec ePowerBox 30A

I have two of these power supplies and they worked well for a time. Some months ago, one started jumping the voltage up and down. I normally set them to 13V to power my CellPro Multi4 chargers. Now I was getting undervoltage and overvoltage warning. Just very erratic. Stopped using the one. Well, months later, the second powerbox started doing the same. Not reliable to use.
I tried rotating the adj pots to see if that would help. Nope. They will work fine as long as no load is on the chargers.

Any ideas? Hate to scrap both these power supplies.

Joe
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2017, 11:18 AM
Usually when this happens it's the transformers going out, this can happen if the power supplies are taxed to their limit often.
Nov 03, 2017, 01:45 PM
MaineFlyer
Thanks for the reply.
Do you think they are worth repair?

Joe
Nov 03, 2017, 07:10 PM
If they are outside of the warranty period then there may be a service charge, worst case scenario is you're just out shipping if you send them to us. In any manner, we never charge the retail price of the units to repair them (and generally we don't even charge that).
Nov 04, 2017, 04:10 PM
MaineFlyer
Thanks for the response. I believe they are probably worth getting repaired so I'll probably do so.

Joe