Is there an All Rounder aerobatic FPV foamy out there? - RC Groups
Oct 28, 2017, 03:37 AM
Question

Is there an All Rounder aerobatic FPV foamy out there?

I have a Skywalker 1900mm fitted with Vector FPV gear. It can stay up for over an hour but it can't do aerobatics.
I have a Sbach 1400mm fitted with Vector FPV gear. It can do aerobatics but it can only stay up for 7 minutes.

Is there a electric foamy out there which can..
a) Mount FPV gear AND
b) is about 1200mm to 1400mm wing span AND
c) can do decent sport/scale aerobatics AND
d) can stay up for half an hour?

Grateful for any suggestions.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2017, 07:26 PM
Wanna have some fun??? Check out the Neptune EDF wing.....

Denny

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ptune-blue-pnp

TechOne Neptune 64mm EDF Jet Wing - Flight Review - Motion RC (5 min 40 sec)

Neptune FPV - Distance Tryout (6 min 29 sec)
Oct 29, 2017, 03:46 AM
Nice plane and I hope it sells well - but nothing like the plane I'm looking for. I need a rudder for sport/scale aerobatics and something that can mount Vector gear. In other words a conventional stick&rudder plane with a fuselage.

From the underwhelming response I'm guessing my hopes are too high!
Nov 01, 2017, 02:32 PM
A capable sports/scale aerobatic model of the size you you mention isn't going to fly for half an hour I'm afraid. Somewhere in the region of 5 to 7 mins would be achievable if flown as a sports acrobatic model. Perhaps it could be stretched to 10 mins with gentle flying but then what's the point of buying this type of model?

Perhaps you'd be better off looking for an aerobatic powered glider which would give you something between the two models you have at the moment.
Nov 01, 2017, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix239
A capable sports/scale aerobatic model of the size you you mention isn't going to fly for half an hour I'm afraid. Somewhere in the region of 5 to 7 mins would be achievable if flown as a sports acrobatic model. Perhaps it could be stretched to 10 mins with gentle flying but then what's the point of buying this type of model?

Perhaps you'd be better off looking for an aerobatic powered glider which would give you something between the two models you have at the moment.
+1....Good point. Maybe take a look at this one.....

Denny

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ail-glider-pnp

RocHobby 2200mm V-Tail High Performance Glider by FMS (8 min 45 sec)
Nov 02, 2017, 05:37 AM
Thanks guys. I'll look into aerobatic powered gliders.
Nov 27, 2017, 03:24 PM
Team Spektrum FPV
Get an aerobatic airplane and don't look back!
Red Bull Edge 540 FPV at Eli Field (7 min 47 sec)
Nov 27, 2017, 03:55 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Aerobatic glider sounds right, but maybe not a V-tail for patterns and such. Do a YT search on aerobatic gliders and you should get lots of ideas. Them maybe post the question over in the Sailplane forum.

The Phoenix Evolution comes with two sets of wings -- 2.6m for thermalling and 1.6m for aerobatics. Just one possibility.
Nov 27, 2017, 04:17 PM
Team Spektrum FPV
the half hour flight expectation is quite a challenge. Have you considered fuel power? you could easily do a mid sized aerobatic FPV plane with a gas engine and get 30 min flight times. I would be looking at a Saito myself, but I'm biased I am having a blast with fuel powered FPV, but I prefer glow fuel, gas will give you way better flight times on the same amount of fuel though. just a thought....