Oct 28, 2017, 01:42 AM
Thread OP
Alert

Idiots Fly Drones Over Bridge...

Bridge Dive! (2 min 33 sec)

With people like this out there its only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt. I hope these guys are held accountable for their actions... that quad could easily have caused an accident. So many in the you tube comments feel this is acceptable behavior.

SAD!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2017, 02:13 PM
It's so disappointing to see people who should know better taking chances with other people's safety for something as unimportant as a youtube video.
The number of people defending their actions in the comments is equally disturbing.
Then this behavior is used by government as justification for the imposition of rules that often go too far.
Sigh...
Oct 28, 2017, 03:53 PM
fly by night
would be considerate for RRiot to take down the video, to help the cause of access to sites in Vancouver. They probably have a hour of footage of those guys and Matty flying safely underneath the bridge that day to use instead of this 1 minute over the top

I haven't been a fan of Rotor Riot much, and they don't offer much since losing Steele
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Oct 28, 2017 at 05:18 PM.
Oct 28, 2017, 05:58 PM
Per the title, I kept waiting to see them actually fly over traffic...but they never did.

Even if they failsafed and lost signal, I don't see how the quad could have ended up in the road or hurting anyone.

Over-react much?
Oct 28, 2017, 06:40 PM
FPV really is fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauropitotto
Per the title, I kept waiting to see them actually fly over traffic...but they never did.

Even if they failsafed and lost signal, I don't see how the quad could have ended up in the road or hurting anyone.

Over-react much?
Are you blind? A failsafe and a bounce could have put the quad on the road. A dumb thumb could achieve similar results. Why take the chance? Just the video itself could be used by government agencies to use to push for stricter regulations.

Forward thinking people. Quit living in just the here and now. It's not all about you....
Oct 28, 2017, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth72
Are you blind? A failsafe and a bounce could have put the quad on the road. A dumb thumb could achieve similar results. Why take the chance? Just the video itself could be used by government agencies to use to push for stricter regulations.

Forward thinking people. Quit living in just the here and now. It's not all about you....
We have video evidence of what actually happened, instead of your own blind ignorance to make judgments.

But that's okay. Adventurous pilots will continue to do things like this and there's really nothing anyone can say or do that could restrict such flights for the future regardless of whether or not we get to see them on a public platform.

Your "outrage" over how these guys are flying their toys say more about you than about them or their skillset.
Oct 28, 2017, 07:15 PM
What happened in that Vid broke several Canadian Laws. Actual Laws like get arrested face Judge Laws.
And it does not help at all with the optics of the sport from those outside....
Oct 28, 2017, 08:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
We have video evidence of what actually happened, instead of your own blind ignorance to make judgments.

But that's okay. Adventurous pilots will continue to do things like this and there's really nothing anyone can say or do that could restrict such flights for the future regardless of whether or not we get to see them on a public platform.

Your "outrage" over how these guys are flying their toys say more about you than about them or their skillset. I am a sad angry man boo hoo
Sorry but I disagree. I understand your point, they didn't fly directly over traffic in the (edited) video. But really what they did was far worse... the intent was clearly to "dive" a bridge full of traffic by coming as close to the bridge as possible. The pilots in this video should face legal consequence to discourage others from doing this in the future.

If this kind of behavior is tolerated eventually someone will get seriously hurt, or worse. Surely you would admit the drone could have crashed through the windshield of one of those vehicles and caused an accident?
Oct 29, 2017, 07:42 AM
Quote:

Your "outrage" over how these guys are flying their toys say more about you than about them or their skillset.
My "blind ignorance"? Are you for real or just taking the piss?
I have no issue with "adventurous pilots", it's a problem when their adventure steps on the rights of others. Clearly that stunt could have gone wrong and caused an accident on the bridge. The drivers on the bridge are entitled to drive across it without having their safety needlessly endangered by others.
Last edited by Canyon Storm; Oct 31, 2017 at 04:57 PM.
Oct 29, 2017, 08:35 AM
Authorities should fully prosecute those kids and hold their parents accountable

Make them poster boys of why not to be so shupid to participate and post videos like this

I bet those kids would not stand up and be men to take responsibility for a multi car crash that could of killed people

But rather run like poorly brought up kids

I hope to see their mug shots and the parents pay maximum fines
Last edited by Toldyaso; Oct 29, 2017 at 08:45 AM.
Oct 29, 2017, 09:04 PM
fly by night
kids they may seem, but they're technically adults. from all we know, it is one individual pilot responsible for the bridge-diving, and he's an american back home in murrica
Oct 29, 2017, 10:45 PM
If it spins, wear it.
As a LOS RC pilot I am just starting to get gear for FPV. Sadly, if things like this keep happening I won't get a chance to fly any FPV in the near future. First it was guys thinking it was okay to fly at high altitude and potentially hit something full scale up there. Now they are messing with live traffic.. Be realistic guys, ANY malfunction could cause loss of control and a dive onto the busy road below. The same can be said for flying over parades and other crowds, just not a good idea no matter what you think of pilot skills of how cool the shot will be. I personally think under the bridge would be fine but this kind of activity WILL make flying anywhere near a bridge a crime and cause someone to do jail time for only intending to fly under it. Take risk with you own life if the rush is what your after, go skydiving, scuba diving, race motocross etc. I know this post may p*** some people off but please use your head guys! You can't take it back after it goes wrong!
Oct 30, 2017, 07:03 PM
omg... i love rr!! keep the vids comming!! they had a MAJOR hand in making the hobby what it is today.. people do waaaay more dangerous stuff with their mini quads.. gimme a break!.... and if steele was there he'd be diving that bridge too!
Oct 30, 2017, 11:30 PM
fly by night
Rotor Riot did not have a hand in making the miniquad hobby where it is today. Thousands of other people did, like the github guys who developed the original Cleanflight, the afroflight F1 boards, the MultiGP organizers, BorisB, Charpu, and so many others. Rotor Riot is a relatively new media entertainment thing created by Chad Kapper, piggybacking on the emerging sport. Chad has done much more for the RC flying community with Flite Test, his other media brand.
Oct 31, 2017, 06:16 AM
400' + is where fun starts.
And RR is most likely also the OP as in just make a new profile name to get the video up to start the stuff hitting the fan to push RR antics more into the light.

Quick Reply