TF Corsair .60-.90 kit DLE 20 too much? - RC Groups
Oct 27, 2017, 07:12 PM
Discussion

TF Corsair .60-.90 kit DLE 20 too much?

Ok, I am pretty sure it is but would really like to go gas on this. So is there a DLE DA or so that will work? Am I better off taking the Saito FG-20 off the market and use that? I'm at a loss on this one right now. I want to start gathering. If the DLE 20 will be fine I would rather go with that than the Saito. I might be crazy but I don't know saito gassers.

Let's hear your opinion.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2017, 07:17 PM
I have a friend who has the .60 sized P-47 with a DLE20 on it and is a perfect match! Corsair should be the same....
Oct 27, 2017, 10:35 PM
Scale Builder
I have had two 65" wing span Hellcats, one with an Evolution 20 and the other with a DLE 20, and while both airplanes have plenty of power I would not classify them as overpowered. The Hellcat is just a tad bigger than the Corsair but I don't believe you would have an issue with the DLE in a TF Corsair.
Oct 28, 2017, 12:02 AM
I know a few guys that have done it. They like it. If it's an arf, you'll know in the first few flights if it's gonna hold together.
Edwin
Oct 28, 2017, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin1
I know a few guys that have done it. They like it. If it's an arf, you'll know in the first few flights if it's gonna hold together.
Edwin
Yup, but would prefer to keep it longer than a few flights. It is a total build kit though.

Since so far not one person has mentioned the Saito, I would say selling it is the right idea?
Oct 28, 2017, 07:08 AM
DLE 20 is great for that bird!
Oct 28, 2017, 07:56 AM
Great, my GP .40 Corsair is tail heavy and I imagine the TF models are too. I would much rather the added weight be the bigger engine over just added weight. Sounds like a perfect fit. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a 20RA then.
Oct 28, 2017, 08:34 AM
Anther good one is Valley Views vvrc21cc. It's a low profile engine not much taller than a saito 1.00. Every engine I've bought from Valley View has been good. They check them before shipping.
Edwin
Oct 28, 2017, 04:08 PM
Edwin, I have heard elsewise but, I do know that everyone has an opinion. DLE is a name I have used but even they can put out a bad engine every now and then. Then you also have how abused they might have gotten. I'll take a look anyway and many see.
Oct 29, 2017, 09:39 AM
I hear ya. I had high hopes from DLE. Got 6 of them, five 20ra's and one 30. One 20ra came from VV and was perfect out of the box. All the others came from Tower, not so impressed with those. I'm sure it's a QC thing a distributor does. The thirty had a problematic carb that I replaced with a real walbro, fixed that problem. Then the ignition module failed going intermittent dead sticks. Out of the other four 20ras from tower, two have bad carbs right out of the box, sticky butterfly's. One has a bad ignition module exactly like the 30 and the last one is still in the box. I can fix these engines, it's just agrivating. I just did this same post on another thread. I don't want to sound like DLE is a lemon to everybody, cause clearly they're not. Too many other guys have good experiences with them and I bought based on those reviews. I just got some super bad mojo.
Edwin