Nov 12, 2004, 11:26 AM
Thread OP

Differences Firmware 1.08b - 1.081b

Hi,

Can anybody tell me the differences between the 1.08b and 1.081b Firmware.
It looks like 1.081b is only a new fix.

Claus
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2004, 12:26 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
1.08 had a bug in the windows software that changed default PWM frequency to 45khz. The Phoenix 25 cannot run this high and it is too high for almost all applications. 1.081 fixed this bug. Other than that, there is no difference between 1.08 and 1.081.

Bernie
Nov 12, 2004, 12:57 PM
Thread OP
Hello Bernie,

Thanks for that fast reply

Claus
Nov 19, 2004, 02:16 PM
"SARGE"
Bernie,

I'm putting a Polyquest 2200 pack in my Unicorn Wing . I've downloaded and installed ver 1.081 on my PHX-25 esc. I also selected the auto-lipo detect for automatic cutoff. If I put an 8 or 9 cell nimh back in the unicorn will I have to change the cutoff setting back to 5 volts or will the "auto" setting do it?

Thanks,

Tad
Nov 21, 2004, 10:48 PM
IronFly, are you using the speed controller on a Helicopter? I Fly the ECO 8 with a CCP45 and I was thinking about trying there beta version 1.081b, but I don't want to crash because of a software error. Have you and any problems with it?

Kevin G.
Nov 22, 2004, 09:46 AM
I'm using 1.081b on my Eco 8/P45/Mega 22/20/3h, it's got the best soft start to date. Haven't flown much between the weather here & it being dark during the week when I get home since the time change, but governor mode may be a little softer in maintaining rpm than 1.02, seeing a little more droop when hammering collective - could just be me though, and at any rate it's fine for my skill level.
Nov 22, 2004, 11:38 AM
Cool, I have the same setup. What are you running your gov. mode at? Any help would be great.

Kevin
Nov 22, 2004, 11:40 AM
Can I suggest that Castle put the date that the firmware/software was updated and posted to the website?
Nov 22, 2004, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman217
Cool, I have the same setup. What are you running your gov. mode at? Any help would be great.

Kevin
Can't remember in normal but I never fly in it (0 followed by the lowest I could get the motor to start turning, the older firmware startup was pretty harsh) - in idle up 1, 85 all the way across - don't have a tach handy, but I'm guessing I'm at 1300-1400 rpm on 10 cells.
Nov 22, 2004, 03:41 PM
myk
myk
Quote:
Originally Posted by eparkflyer
Can I suggest that Castle put the date that the firmware/software was updated and posted to the website?
Its already there:

http://www.castlecreations.com/plinkarchive.html

Mike
Nov 27, 2004, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentw
Bernie,

I'm putting a Polyquest 2200 pack in my Unicorn Wing . I've downloaded and installed ver 1.081 on my PHX-25 esc. I also selected the auto-lipo detect for automatic cutoff. If I put an 8 or 9 cell nimh back in the unicorn will I have to change the cutoff setting back to 5 volts or will the "auto" setting do it?

Thanks,

Tad
You will have to change it back to 5v. I tried it today and the esc detects an 8 cell pack as a "3S" lipo and sets the cutoff voltage to about 8.5v.
Latest blog entry: Assembling a Spandau kit.
Nov 29, 2004, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Wolfard
1.08 had a bug in the windows software that changed default PWM frequency to 45khz. The Phoenix 25 cannot run this high and it is too high for almost all applications. 1.081 fixed this bug. Other than that, there is no difference between 1.08 and 1.081.

Bernie
You would think that after all these years in business Castle Creations could release a working firmware to the public...or not?

Does Castle Creations fail to test any of these software updates themselves? Why are you releasing a "Beta" to the public? I did not know it was the consumer's job to tell you all the bugs in your own darn software...I must have been wrong thinking that things should work when you get them.

I truely would be ashamed if I released TO THE PUBLIC code that did not work (especially more than once!). Perhaps a few errors can be excused but it seems to have gone too far. When people post on here all the time asking "which firmware do I need to start xxx motor?" or "phx link does not work?" You guys need to clean up your act, geez.

And, yes, I am completely aware that a BL code requires work to make and it is difficult to start all the motors on the market, but so many versions of your firmware with so many bugs is simply appaulling. Customers pay you guys to do that work, it seems as if they are not getting what they pay for if they do the testing for you.

-Matt Aurand
Nov 30, 2004, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagisrule!
You would think that after all these years in business Castle Creations could release a working firmware to the public...or not?

Does Castle Creations fail to test any of these software updates themselves? Why are you releasing a "Beta" to the public? I did not know it was the consumer's job to tell you all the bugs in your own darn software...I must have been wrong thinking that things should work when you get them.

I truely would be ashamed if I released TO THE PUBLIC code that did not work (especially more than once!). Perhaps a few errors can be excused but it seems to have gone too far. When people post on here all the time asking "which firmware do I need to start xxx motor?" or "phx link does not work?" You guys need to clean up your act, geez.

And, yes, I am completely aware that a BL code requires work to make and it is difficult to start all the motors on the market, but so many versions of your firmware with so many bugs is simply appaulling. Customers pay you guys to do that work, it seems as if they are not getting what they pay for if they do the testing for you.

-Matt Aurand

Guess you havn't been around long. -MOST- hardware companies will
release their beta code for their products.

DONT USE IT IF YOU DONT WANT BUGGY SOFTWARE!!! It's called beta for
a reason! CC always has a Stable and a Beta version...

I, for one, like and accept the fact that I can help them test their
products in return I get to have the latest (and usally the greatest)
version of the software/hardware.

Check some of the versions of the software you're running... I bet they're beta!
Nov 30, 2004, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
yup... but not when I posted that 8-)

I really like the way its layed out now... good job Castle!
Nov 30, 2004, 06:31 AM
A man with too many toys
Itís about time for a new version.

I tried 81v on a Eolo in the governor mode and the RPM was all over the place. This version is the worst yet when it comes to holding a constant head speed!

Why does the governor more wet worse with each new version?

Quick Reply