Stunthanger Gone???? - RC Groups
Oct 27, 2017, 10:28 AM
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
Question

Stunthanger Gone????

Hi,

tried to register on Stunthanger last week and got a conformation E-Mail saying that my registration application had been received and that I would soon receive an E-Mail with an activation link.

Nothing yet and I have sent another E-Mail, also no reply.....

Is the Site defunct????

Paul
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2017, 10:39 AM
Old Timer
The folks there are volunteers. Maybe their personal lives are keeping them busy just now. The website is actively operating, that I can confirm, although I don't choose to use the place, on principle. I won't allow any web site, none, to tell me I cannot use my chosen internet handle.

Kiwi
Last edited by The Kiwi; Oct 28, 2017 at 08:41 AM.
Oct 27, 2017, 01:37 PM
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
OK, I will just wait out then.

Thank you.
Oct 27, 2017, 08:15 PM
It's up. I just saw it.
Last edited by hotrodtom; Oct 27, 2017 at 08:21 PM.
Oct 27, 2017, 08:17 PM

Stunthanger?

It's up. I just saw it.
Oct 27, 2017, 08:18 PM
Just visited. All good.
FWIW, I'm glad Sparky Storick, the owner, insists on real names because it limits the chances of interfering visits by trolls ,arm chair pilots , and merchants of the "cheap shot" . Wish that was the policy here.
A "handle" is policy for using eBay .
Sellers and buyers need some sort of buffer .
Oct 28, 2017, 03:53 AM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.imbriaco
Just visited. All good.
FWIW, I'm glad Sparky Storick, the owner, insists on real names because it limits the chances of interfering visits by trolls ,arm chair pilots , and merchants of the "cheap shot" . Wish that was the policy here.
A "handle" is policy for using eBay .
Sellers and buyers need some sort of buffer .
Roger that.... By making people use their real names it reduces the a lot of the BS we see here. While I like using my handle, I don't mind using my name over there. I gotta say though that I didn't see much of what Robert was worried about going on. The CL community is pretty small compared to an RC site like this and it didn't take long for people to figure out what handle belonged to who.

Mike
Oct 28, 2017, 03:55 AM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB
OK, I will just wait out then.

Thank you.
Paul, I had the same problem you did when he changed to the "Name" format. I had to email them to remind them to let me back in so don't wait too long.

Mike
Oct 28, 2017, 05:24 AM
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
Thanks for the info Guys.

I had seen that the site is still 'running' because I have seen new posts but I tried to register last weekend, got their first E-Mail (which I think is computer generated) and then nothing so I sent a reminder on Thursday but still nothing.

I have seen forums before which were still running and active but that had been 'given up' by the Admins which only allowed registered users to post but no new admissions, bans, warnings ect. and thought that it may be the case here.

I actually prefer 'real names' on forums of THIS nature, when chatting about models I like Paul, Dez, Bill or maybe even Kiwi (because EVERYONE called him that all of the time everywhere, practically replaced the Christian Name) because it is friendly and informal, absolutely no need for anonymity in my opinion.
I also always try to post my christian name at the end of a post (at least the first one in a thread), helps everyone to keep who says what together and to reply as and when.

Paul(asinPaulBwhichisjustPaulBrayabrivated)B
Oct 28, 2017, 05:26 AM
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
PS,

on eBay, Battlefield Gaming Log or 'Adult Sites' don't look for PaulB..........
Oct 28, 2017, 11:30 AM
Mike A.
On stunthanger, you only need to give your real name when you register - you can post using a 'handle' and many do. Your real name is not shown in your profile, so other users can't see it.
Oct 29, 2017, 03:51 AM
Stunthanger is certainly up and running. Lots of new posts every day.

Previously, I've heard about Mr. Storick (Sparky) being a bit paranoid about admitting new members. Not sure about what caused his reaction.
Nov 02, 2017, 10:00 PM
I have tried 3 times to register in a moth and still waiting. Tim
Nov 03, 2017, 04:28 AM
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
OK, looks like it is a manual system and the Admins must be away/ busy/ just don't like the sound of you or me.....

Paul
Nov 03, 2017, 04:39 AM
Now I have to land that thing?
Try here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96...lNYSEtieSfFFCQ